Armageddon fears

by d 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

What TotallyADD said.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I used to.

It passed as soon as I figured out I had been bamboozled and lied to by some

demon inspired men up in NYC.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The great tribulation ended in 70 AD with the destruction of Jerusalem. The second coming, "that day" will occur during normal time when people are carrying on life as usual and no one suspects His arrival.

Vander

• kjw53
    kjw53

To all-- Looks like alot of you let fear get the best of you and your imaginations ran wild- the Jw,s never taught that those things would happen to you, Gods word does teach there will be a Harmageddon. The very next prophecy after the prophecy of Egypt-Libya is the fall of Babylon the great-like a swift pitch into the sea. alls you accomplished is showing that your faith in God was like what Peter portrayed when he denied Jesus 3 times in front of the ridiculers- but he repented and went to his death- the other christians who had faith were thrown to lions and ripped apart in front of the ridiculers. They will gain everlasting life-Does one think that God wasnt with them and maybe didnt feel the pain-God was with Daniel who showed faith in the lions den and in the furnace. You relyed on your own understanding-it doesnt work.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The Watchtower was always critical of those churches that used the

fear of hell to keep their members in tow. But there is little difference

between the fear of hell and the fear of Armageddon as a threat.

The Watchtower has merely substituted one for the other.

• mrquik
    mrquik

As I child, my mother studied the Paradise Lost Paradise Regained book. In those days, there was no other publication for children. At the end of the book it covered Armageddon prophesies complete with black & white images of piles of bones, corpses & total destruction. We studied it twice. It was a lot of fun.

• d
    d

Anyobody remeber this photo.This picture scared me as a child. I was about 12 when this book came out Learn from the Great Teacher.Pictures like these will mess with a child's head.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

wow, what images. it's criminial that a child has to be subject to such images, pictures. yes, I remember that book, or other books of its kind. maybe that's why i'm so fucked-up.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

What will you do if it does happen? Will those fears of an imment death be founded?

Why would you be afraid of anything if you are a morally upright person?

Matthew 24:7 (New International Version, ©2011)

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

In context;

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Ya, I would be nervous right about now....

• d
    d

Yes I was scared especially after 9/11 but today, I could care less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit