Isn't It Time For Darwinists To Face The Music Of Science?

by Perry 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How do atheists keep their sanity in the face of such facts? Honestly, how is that done?

Its done like this Perry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNDZb0KtJDk&feature=player_embedded#at=579

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This one time, Perry. But yes, you should google for yourself from now on.

I always liked this first one best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_5FToP_mMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HVrjKcvrU&feature=related

• whereami
    whereami

That's why it's of no use to debate with these people. I've posted all those videos before. Like SBC has already said "you do have google don't you"? These creationists think these issues haven't been debunked already with real honest sceince.

Perry the last video OTWO posted is a clip of Ken Miller. Do you know who he is? If not do a google search. This issue has been debunked to death. Even the courts were able to see Michael Behe's pseudoscience on this issue.

Come on bud, please take the blinders off.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Yea, Perry you speak like you invented the matchbox! Man, it has already been discussed thousands of times in academies, in universities, in forums, in scientific communities. What you brought here is old light! What, you want a course in carbon dating calibration and radiometrics? No one said there is not someone or something who created the Universe, because we don't know that. All we are saying is that the goddamn Universe and this planet exist since a few billion years ago. That life on the planet began more than 3 billion years ago. That comets and asteroids carry with them the seeds of life through the Universe, not Jehovah. This is the new light. It is anno Domini 2011, the third millenia after the birth of an imaginary figure called Jesus, wake up! And between you an me, those "scientists" who deny evolution are not really scientists...

• wobble
    wobble

I think anyone whose total education comes from You-tube and the National Enquirer ,which appears to be the case with some people who post on JWN , should sit down and read a few proper books on subjects as complicated as Evolution and the beginnings of the Universe etc.

How can someone say "Come on, answer me this in a simple post, "What is the meaning of life ?" and expect us to give the answer?

I have got the answer , but I had to study myself to find the answer, don't be so lazy, do your research.

having said that, these type of threads are fascinating ,on so many levels.

• bohm
    bohm

for all that it is worth...

Perry, what biological system do you claim has IC and what is your evidence evolution cannot produce IC?

jesus, read about the dover trial where IC was debunked...

or better yet, spend one hour on freaking wikipedia and learn something, its not any harder than that.

• Perry
    Perry
    Perry, I can't argue with you. I'm going to put this as nicely as I can. YOU'RE A DUMB ASS.

That is how deception works. A person simply dispenses with all opposing evidence, waves his hand and pronounces pesky facts as ignorant. THIS IS THE EXACT TOXIC ENVIRONMENT I GREW UP IN AS A JW. Then comes the appeals to authority why? Because there is not a JW on the planet that can personally explain how salvation works. It's all about Adam's ransom or about dying and getting a clean slate, or growing to perfection etc. , etc., etc.. It is about anything but the simple fact that God died in the place of individual sinners who will accept a pardon.

ALL of the posters here have not even attempted to personally explain how the multi-billion parts of a "simple" cell can all get there at the same time in order for it to function. So, they pull out their "reasoning book" and get someone else more "in the know" than they are to explain it. Seem familiar?

65 million year old soft tissues, blood vesels, blood fragments validated by the worlds formost scientists and universities? All nonsense to the deceived.

Dino and Human Footprints that are all over the place just a couple hours from my house? All fugazis? Yeah right. I've seen them myself.

Remember how we all use to love bomb newbies? We would never discuss with them 1975, or organ banning, or, any of the other things we knew were wrong, wrong, wrong,. Yet, most of us considered ourselves as "decent" people, even though we were living an utter lie and felt not a tinge of quilt in deceiving others. After all, they were uninformed and needed our truth...remember?

Having experienced all this, why all the blind trust in certain kinds of "experts" . Where's the common sense in my opponents? Where's the personally explained rebuttals without the you tube teleprompter running?

Just as a reminder. Born again Christians do not claim to merely have faith in God and his truthfullness. We claim to actually KNOW God, him living inside us and interacting with us FREQUENTLY, even daily. So, there is no comparison here like... my faith against your faith. Faith in the life of a saved Christian is reserved for things not yet realized. God's existence, his truthfullness, his goodness, these are not among those; having already been revealed in the spirit of the Christian; and we are many times more than ready to talk about all the things God has done in our lives.

BTTT,

Anybody care to personally expalain dinosaur blood, soft tissue, their carbon dating.... in a darwinian/naturalistic worldview? Care to personally explain a "simple" cell appearing? Everything from nothing? Personal explanations only please.

The Devil wields awesome powers of deception. Our fallen nature in large part agrees with a world based on deception. Looking back, it is easy to see the concentric circles of information control that was in place to keep the rank and file in line. Information control outside the cult is arranged the same way. Yet. "let God be found true, though every man a liar" .

Christ defeated all possible illusion and deception on the cross and when he was resurrected. He is alive right now. His weapon was of greater power than the weapon and might of the enemy. Love proved stronger than sin, stronger than illusion.

Ok, enough foolish preaching. Personal explanations anyone?

• metatron
    metatron

Frustration!

How can you Creationist types talk about dinosaurs and God in the same breath??? They're freakin' dinosaurs, for Pete's sake! They have fangs and sharp horns and claws and many of them were just 25 foot tall alligators!

And God created them? Really? And what kind of a monster does that make God if he created monsters himself!

And the irreducible complexity? No problem for me, I'm a Pantheist! I see "God" at work in every bacteria, spreading consciousness thru the universe. "He" is a miraculous system , not a person.

metatron

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Perry, I can't argue with you. I'm going to put this as nicely as I can. YOU'RE A DUMB ASS.

That is how deception works. A person simply dispenses with all opposing evidence, waves his hand and pronounces pesky facts as ignorant.

When people tire of trying to help Perry open his mind the tiniest bit and walk off the thread in disgust, Perry sees that as a victory and the pot calls the kettle black.

When they do what Perry asks, put up a youtube or link to counter his youtube or link, Perry forgets to look at the rafter in his eye and says
    So, they pull out their "reasoning book" and get someone else more "in the know" than they are to explain it. Seem familiar?

I walk away from some individual threads, but I never totally give up on you, Perry.

I think you ask because your own unshakeable faith is shaking.

I think you sometimes allow yourself to realize that your Fundamentalist view of Christianity vs. Science is all crap.

• bohm
    bohm

Im with OTWO on this one... perry apparently want us to teach him research-grade biochemistry and evolutionary biology, otherwise evolution is false. meanwhile perry can just sit dumbfounded and go "i dont understand that. IT MUST BE WRONG".

Meanwhile perry does not make the tiniest of effort to understand counterpoints. time again he has failed to even put his argument in a logically valid form, and rather choose to run away. later he is back with the same stupid arguments....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit