Why did you "BORN IN's" leave?

by stillstuckcruz 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Is this it?
    Is this it?

The thing that kept me in for so long was the guilt. The weight of responsibility for my children was a heavy burden and it made me begin to resent 'the truth' for being so difficult. The thing that forced me to make the decision to leave was my children also because I could not continue to perpetuate the cycle of servitude to an organisation and did not want my children to also feel the same weight of responsibility believing that they would be pleasing mummy, grandma etc. The event that began a critic examination of my beliefs was the birth of my 3rd child. In the months leading up to the birth I became very worried about the blood issue, a sister in Wales had died giving birth to twins and I knew I would not refuse a blood transfusion if I needed one. I had not carried a blood card for around 4 years prior to this but knew that my hospital records contained information about me being a JW. This kick-started an examination of the blood doctrine, and I discovered that it wasn't me just lacking in some kind of spiritual maturity but that it was a flawed doctrine. That led me to question everything; 607 had a bid impact on me because I had never thought to question anything presented as a historical fact in the literature and I am not a stupid person. Once you begin to question, there is no going back. Could no longer preach a lie and it was only a matter of time before I felt forced to explain to family why I had not been on the ministry for months.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SKEETER: My siblings are almost a generation older then me.

Skeeter, I think you're wrong! Don't you mean to say that your siblings are from the same (overlapping) generation(s)??????

You're gonna have to get with the NOO LITE!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Perry.I assume that your comment was tongue in cheek,right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit