Why did you "BORN IN's" leave?

by stillstuckcruz 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Discovered I was in a religion that valued their own books more than the Bible. That was how it started. The rest, my leaving, happened quite quickly. Once the cards begin to fall, it doesn't take long for the house to collapse.

• flipper
    flipper

PERRY- There are a lot of people who are NOT emotional vampires who also don't NEED Jesus as you stated. And we are doing fine - thank you very much. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LV101
    LV101

QUESTION for BORN-INs who left and are christians --- what faith are you NOW? seems so many people have difficulty with doctrine (trinity, cross, etc.) and just curious/interested. thanks, appreciate, as i've not attended more than a couple of churches.

• sooner7nc
  • aquagirl
    aquagirl

Hormones.Sex,drugs and rock and roll.And the witlesses were just plain stupid.And negative.And unattractive people.I wanted beauty,excitment and peace!Found it too!!!!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

What made me leave? It can best be summed up in the following scripture:

Matt 13:35 NWT

By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc

Like the Black Eyed Peas asked; where is the LOVE? It usually disappears after one gets baptized. It eventually gets stopped shown toward you and it's hard for you not to just leave it on the shelf as well. It gets replaced by ambition, social climbing, pharisaical behaviour and pretentiousness. It manifests itself in gossip, backbiting and unjustified shunning. The JWs are more about rules and regulations than about showing love to their fellow human beings. If ones among them are seen as "weak", those poor individuals get lost in the shuffle and ignored, especially by younger ones in practically ANY congo out there. Seeing so much negative behaviour related to this lack of "Christian" love just made me sick of it in the end...

V665V665

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,I can't say that I officially left yet. But, I started to wonder if it was worth all the sacrifices I was making. What was I putting my life on hold for,the so-called "real life" in the new system? Then,I thought of all the changes in doctrine,and how many times they have been wrong.

I just couldn't go through the motions anymore. I feel it is artificial. People at the hall put on this show to see who is more theocratic,going by titles and how many hours in service.

I didn't want to waste anymore of my life,allowing an organization to control me. It wasn't about serving God anymore,more like serving men. They speak out of two sides of their mouth. First,saying they make mistakes and then, the light gets brigher,then,turning around and saying you can't serve God without us,because we're His annointed. Oh,and I have to stop before I start on "overlapping generation."ugh.

Well,the more I have learned,the more I realize,the Witness way of life,isn't for me. And I can't put my life on hold anymore,too much wasted time already.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Ray Franz books woke me up, I didn't have any doubts at the time but I wanted a more liberal study because I had nothing to compare it to just like a court case you need to investigate both sides to come to a conclusion.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Perry: There are people like this walking around loose everywhere, not just the KH.

Eh, would you prefer everyone walk around uptight?

They need Jesus and don't know it.

Or maybe ancient superstitions just aren't for everyone.

• unstopableravens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit