This Site Has NEVER Been About Having 100% Freedom Of Speech

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I get a kick out of the posters that get upset over realizing that their opinions are not always appreciated. The forum owner has made it plain that HE calls the shots and not everything expressed by posters will be accepted.

Folks, that's thev way it's always been here. Simon will call the shots. I haven't always agreed with his opinions but the bottom line is that he is the board owner. Most comments are allowed but at times, he or the mods may not feel a certain direction is good for the board.

Personally, I'm happy to be here. I think that this board is better than any other exjw board in existence. Once again, rather than tear down this place, I'd rather promote appreciation here.....but that's me.

• VIII
    VIII

So, will this thread go on for pages and pages?

• sabastious
    sabastious

When I first came to this forum I argued more than I do now. I had never been to a place where your opinion could just be shot down by anyone with a counter opinion or just because they are in a bad mood.

I feel like my skin is actually thicker because of this place and that's a trait that no amount of money can buy and no amount of power can squelch.

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

No. People will be afraid to comment.

• undercover
    undercover

I ain't a-skeered...

• VIII
    VIII

I am on some other forums. It is amazing what people say. And get away with. The religious arguments and intolerance are eye opening. The political stuff makes this look like a bunch of still-in JWs talking. And it's a forum on exercise!!! These folks get into these topics on an exercise forum. Yoga actually. The mods delete all swear words. Nothing else. Go figure.

So, as far as free speech goes, this one is actually pretty open, considering.

I may or may not agree with people's views--but, I have decided to just not respond. Or, not read the thread. Life is too short people.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Simon is an ass sometimes.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Simon is an ass sometimes.

So am I, so are you. Point?

-Sab

• yknot
    yknot

Freedom of speech often times is accompanied by the forgone conclusion that people use it responsibly....

I can disagree with anybody about anything but delivery is what makes a difference...... If I am respectful in my rebuttal then no harm is done, it is simply another POV or attempt at persuasion.

Civility should be an appreciated art......

Luv and Huggles to everyone!

• undercover
    undercover

This thread is a perfect vehicle for us to dump on minimus

heh heh heh sound familiar min?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit