The Hobbit and Evolution: So What's Up With That?

by AGuest 125 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm sure you do... and I'm sure they aren't. Just surprising, coming from someone who made such a big deal about having nothing to hide, per se. I mean, post as EP, sure. But why not let folks know who you really are?

I don't have anythign to hide. I got banned and never could figure out why. It probably had something to do with me being an impatient judgmental asshole, but I can't be sure. That happened right about the time I started my new job with Dell and I got distracted by other things and it was the playoffs (NFL). You have to understand, unless it's life or death, NOTHING gets in the way of the playoffs.

And there you GO! Perhaps you and I should stick to subject we agree on.

Well that's no fun. As long as we know we can be friends at the end of the day and don't take anything personally (since, at least, on my end, it's never meant personally), there is nothing wrong at all with with a healthy and vigorous disagreement.

Omigosh... what is WRONG with you people?

How much time do you have?

• AGuest
    AGuest

SMILE... welcome back, dear NVL, truly, and peace to you! I think I really did miss you - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

EP, I didn’t recognize you without the Woody Harrelson avatar. Glad you're back! BTW, that image was a cap from Zombieland, wasn’t it? I just saw it a couple months back and I was like, "ohhh, that's where NVL's pic came from." Pretty damn funny movie, I thought.

Anyway, I hope life’s treating you well, good man.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Dear, dear NVL... peace to you, dear one... and two things: first, why are you posting as "Entirely Possible"?

WHAT??? *Chokes on the sausage i'm eating*

NVL i was just thinking about you the other day and was wondering where you had gone!

Peace

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Shelby, glad to be back, glad to see you are ok.

SBC, yes, I fucking LOVE Zombieland.Woody was awesonme in tat movie.

Water, I didn't really go anywhere, I was just busy for a while and now I'm back.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    EP: SBC, yes, I fucking LOVE Zombieland.Woody was awesonme in tat movie.

Favorite exchange (perfect delivery):

"Well, uh, I'm not really great at....... farewells.. so, uh.......... That'll do, pig."

"That's the worst goodbye I've ever heard. And you stole it from a movie."

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Best part was was the Garfield regrets.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

"Dear Abaddon was correct (peace to you, as well!): it was not a "quote" but what I pieced together from what three commentators (a writer, anthropologist, and paleoanthropologist) said. That was irresponsible and I apologize to the board."

Thanks for having the decency to admit that.

So, now you are no longer misrepresenting things...

You will never get the real quantifiable difference between religious and scientific paradigms. Different people have tried to explain it to you different ways over the years, and have had as much success as me teaching my cat calculus.

Doesn't mean you or my cat are bad or stupid per se; cat is good at being a cat, you are good at being you. But it means I should expect to get really frustrated if I talk to my cat about calculus or you about science.

You bringing in your faith-based refusal of medical treatment getting addressed in this thread was understanable given how reprehensible it was. You can't expect such behaviour to pass without comment, no matter what the topic is.

• Curtains
    Curtains

aguest, I was a lurker here when you denied what I and a couple of other posters had regularly experienced at macdonalds. I'm not going to say anything more than that because I know that your worldview is paramount and nothing I can say will change that. no hard feelings. However I think it is important to argue against you from time to time as exiting jws have to confront discarding an old reality whilst forming a new one and then perhaps even questioning new realities and so on. It is mind boggling in itself.

Meanwhile enjoy your memorial and if I am around I will be happy to participate with you here on JWN if you are unable to attend your meeting at the KH.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, and thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. It warmed me in the cockles of my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit