Anyone ever fake ring the doorbell when going door to door?

by foolsparadise 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

HA! I love this topic. I'm attemptimg at all costs to avoid service which is impossible because of my o-so-zealous family engaged in it. But when I am out, I fake all the door bell rings. I hate when there is no door bell. Because then I'm forced to knock. Thankfully , just doing the invitations is MUCH easier than magazines....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never got that chance. The pig that dragged me into the cancer believed that a very hard bang on the beam was necessary, even if there was a doorbell. It had to measure at least a 10 on the Richter scale to be acceptable, and he would always wait (no UPS ring-and-dash, either). The pio-sneers I got stuck with also insisted that I waited--no doing the UPS ring with them, either. They had the attitude that someone was home, and unless I forcibly hit the button or made it sound like an earthquake worse than Japan, it wasn't good enough.

However, I did like when the dog started barking and no other activity happened. The pio-sneers I worked with always insisted in waiting, even knocking again after the dog woke up the whole city. Hey, if I can't do the fake ring, at least I would have liked to do a UPS ring.

• paladin
    paladin

Yes, it works well if you are alone. lol

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

That's right Paladin, doesn't help when you're out with the elder.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

so many times!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The "pig that dragged me into the cancer"???

Hmmmm.

And what did these fake rings accomplish? Was it just to avoid contact with the homeowner?

• Ding
    Ding

The fly on the wall must have had quite a laugh when the householder was hiding behind the curtains and the JWs were faking their knocks and rings!

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I did! Was always surprised when they came to the door anyway! uhhhh,.....ohhhhhh....hi!

• alias
    alias

No, but I was always relieved when nobody answered and it was my turn to talk.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I had to lol at this cause i am the self proclaimed king of the fake ring and fake knock..... I havent talked to anyone in service in months and dont intend to try :-)

I also lol'd my ass off at the "hard to do when woth an elder".... Guess that would depend on th elder wouldnt it :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit