Anyone ever fake ring the doorbell when going door to door?

by foolsparadise 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

When I used to pioneer I would press to the side of the doorbell and act like I pressed it and then say "oh I think the bell must be broken"

• wobble
    wobble

Dunnit.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Yup, just asked my husband, he said he used to do this sometimes

• inbetween
    inbetween

yep, I confess...one time though, I ws with an overzealous dub, he pressed a few times after my fake pressing, what an a....

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I have been known to not even knock at times!

If the house had blinds down and i was sure no one inside would even know i was standing silently at the door...

otherwise knock so soft that it was inaudable.

Hated door to door in the end.

oz

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yes, as often as I could get away with it. There were, of course, those highly uncomfortable moments when the householders knew we were there and must have been wondering why we were standing on their stoop without ringing the bell.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

PDK = Pretend Door Knock.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

as a teen sure soft knock and don't ring bell

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

A friend of mine told me that back in the day, she would very softly knock on the door or fake door bell ring. At the time she would always get stuck with this old pioneer lady who had what she described as "man hand's". The sister would say, "oh no, you have to knock louder than that!" and then proceed to rain blows upon the front door with her collossal man hands. She said the house would be all rattling.

• Room 215
    Room 215

.. all the time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit