Watch Tower Society Facing Criminal Charges and Indictment in Australia

by AndersonsInfo 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    in my experience anything that is written in multiple fonts, with bold, underlining, italics and different sizes is the work of a crazy person..

I think you make a good point!

• whereami
    whereami

What are you guys talking about? Barbara isn't crazy. She's been one of the main reasons why we know what we know about this cult.

A little appreciation here folks should be in order. Even if this issue isn't going nowhere because of this individuals credentials doesn't mean you accuse Barbara of being crazy.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Speaking as a worker who has been under this Act (WWC) in NSW, as noted above, for 13 years, I will tell you it is full of holes and this case will disappear. Truly...

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Are you two saying I'm crazy, kramer and slimboyfat, because of the way I introduced this subject? That's terribly unkind and I'm so surprised at such nastiness especially coming from slimboyfat whose many posts I have come to respect. I post in my own name, not like you two who hide who you are, so I have to be careful of what I say on this board so not to bring the wrath of some posters down upon my head calling my motives into question when all I am is a disfellowshipped JW who has chosen to take on in my own way the lying actions of the Watch Tower.

When I started this thread reporting on what Steven Unthank was doing in Australia, I specifically posted as AndersonsInfo and not Barbara because I was passing along information, not wanting to get into the frey or argument of whether this man's submission had merit or not and so I took the position of being neutral like a reporter. I had the "silly" notion that the way I opened the "thread" was important to my credibility, but I see that some did not understand the situation and considered me crazy. Believe it or not, I sought advice about how to present this subject because the legitimacy of this cause was not available to me. The way Mr. Unthank presented his case using all the religious statements did sound very strange to me, yet Watch Tower was clearly breaking the law so this situation needed to be reported upon.

I love this discussion board but have chosen not to post on it often except to pass along information because I simply don't have time to do otherwise. That's why I chose AndersonsInfo as my avatar. That's all I'm going to say on this subject and hope that the discussion of the Unthank Submission is put back where it belongs in the forefront. I suggest that for now, killing the messenger be put on the back-burner.

Barbara

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thanks for your post Barb! We do appreciate all you do and keeping us updated on information you find. I believe the vast majority of the folks that visit this board belive you to be credible and quite sane.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Barb, I think Slimboyfat was being funny. He was clearly not insulting you.

I smell B.S. on this one. The resolution especially. It's obviously a "Fantasy resolution" that will never happen.

Just my $.02

• Curtains
    Curtains

thanks barb for posting this.

I do wonder though if jehovahs witnesses fall into a grey area regarding the requiremment of CRB checks and licensing in Australia as they do here in Britain. Jehovahs witnesses are keen to explain that none of their activities formally involve children. The JW argument is that parents supervise and are responsible for their children at all times. When I finish my exams I want to write to our MPs about any loopholes that there may be in our laws (theseare in the process of being developed).

So I'd like to read the fine print of the 2005 australian/victoria act to ascertain which kinds of group/activities are legislated as requiring to comply with this law - then I'd like to see how the Australian law is different from what we are doing here.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Barbara, I don't think they were calling you crazy, but rather Steve. They may not have realized that the formatting on your initial post looks nothing like what Steve put together because the software used to run this forum often causes wacky formatting issues that you can't see until AFTER you post. I think it was just a miscommunication and misunderstanding.

With regard to the way you opened the post, I didn't notice it personally, but I can easily see how some would not realize you were attempting to post in the style of a neutral report. That's not criticism, just comment.

As far as the WTBS breaking the law, they routinely do that, but it's not at all clear in this case that they are doing so.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and information over the year. Best to you.

Jiyuu2, yes, his efforts are noble, but he is no Ghandi or MLK. True, you have to be in it to win it, but you also have to know how to play and use the right tools. You're not going to win a golf match if you've never played, don't know the rules and are using a spatula to hit.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wasn't the intent of this law to license people like Day-Care workers, Teachers, Home Care individuals, and such who have official interaction with children when the parents or guardians of the children are not present?

If so, I cannot see how this legally affects the JWs - to my knowledge, they offer no children's services, kindergarten schools, day care or such...

While it is true that some members of a congregation could have casual contact with kids outside the parent's observation, this is not done on an official JW or WTBTS basis.

Who of the JWs would have to be licensed? Elders, MS, or everybody? If you required practically everybody to have the license, you could easily make the case that practically every member of every other church should similarly be subject to a license requirement.

Sorry, but while I think the JWs need a serious house cleaning to eliminate a known pedophile problem, I cannot see this going anywhere.

Nor do I see the need for the sensationalism before anything has truly been settled - we have been burned in the past by wild speculations that really came to nothing.

• Curtains
    Curtains

james-woods I agree and this is what our laws are currently seeking to address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit