Watch Tower Society Facing Criminal Charges and Indictment in Australia

by AndersonsInfo 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

AndersonsInfo is reporting the following news about the "Criminal Charges and Indictment of the Watch Tower Society in Australia" by taking some extracts from different parts of Jehovah's Witness, Steven Unthank's blog site, http://www.jwnews.net . Please go to the blog to understand the "Indictment" and for detailed reading there is much more information found in a:

pdf version of the 664 page document "The Submission 2011" being the: Brief of Evidence for the Charging, Indictment, and Prosecution of "the faithful and discreet slave", and the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia, and Others..."for offences committed against the Victorian (Australia) Working with Children Act 2005 as it applies to "religious organisations" click on the following link:www.mediafire.com/submission "In 2006, the Victoria (Australia) Government introduced mandatory child protection laws to help protect children from sexual or physical harm by preventing those who pose a risk to their safety from working or volunteering with them. It is an offence to knowingly engage in or engage someone in “child-related work” without them having passed a Working With Children Check. The deadline for compliance by "religious organisations" was 1 July 2008. The Watch Tower Society refused to comply."

Wednesday, 30 March 2011 ve" and the Governing y of Jehovah's Witnesses The week commencing Monday, 18 April 2011, is the earliest date set down for the filing of the following document: "Charge-Sheet and Summons (Corporate Accused)" against the Committee of Management for the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

These documents will be filed at the Magistrates' Court of Victoria by Steven John Unthank.

Address: Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court, 134 Commercial Road, Morwell 3840, Victoria, Australia.

On the recently received advise of the Senior Registrar, Magistrates' Court of Victoria, a number of document "deficiencies" are being addressed so as to comply with Section 14 of the Victorian Criminal Procedure Act 2009.

This includes identifying the entity "the faithful and discreet slave" as to whether it (they) are incorporated or unincorporated (i.e. an unincorporated body) and the individual name of at least one elder who represents "the faithful and discreet slave" and who is appointed by "the faithful and discreet slave" to work with children in at least one Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in the State of Victoria.

It is only the Committee of Management for the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses that is facing Criminal Charges. Individuals are not being charged in the first round. Why?

If the Committee of Management for the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses pleads "not guilty" to criminal breaches of the Working with Children Act 2005 or fights the charges then documents can be immediately filed for the individual Charging of each member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and each Director and Voting Member of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc.

That is why a "Special Resolution" was presented on page 589 of the document "The Submission 2011", par. D17.63-64 and of which was introduced as follows:

[EXTRACT]

"The VOTING MEMBERS of WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC. are left with very little option but to pass a “Special Resolution” to the effect of:

“…We the voting members of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc. hereby resolve by Special Resolution over the next 28 days to effect:

1. the voluntary winding up of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc. and all worldwide subsidiary corporations, agencies and legal entities;

2. to place all assets, including the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, in “trust” under external administration for and on behalf of the children of God whom we have abused, with half of all assets to be distributed to the poor, and financial compensation and punitive damages to be paid where deemed appropriate;

3. to reverse and cancel all excommunications (disfellowshippings);

4. to cancel all financial debts;

5. to hand-over all legal titles of all Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide to their local congregation members; 6. to remove all elders and ministerial servants from their congregational positions;

7. to dissolve the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses;

8. to destroy all congregational records and records under the control of “Watch Tower Society” on members of the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses and on members of the public, which are held as an “account of the injury”;

9. to plead guilty to criminal breaches of the Victoria (Australia) Working with Children Act 2005 as and when required; and

10. to issue a worldwide public apology to mankind, and to Jesus Christ, and to JEHOVAH GOD for our “sins” and actions as religious leaders."

Quotes of Support and Encouragement
    received by Steven Unthank in relation to his actions to protect the children associated with the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses in the State of Victoria and in relation to his actions to Charge and Prosecute the entire worldwide religious hierarchy of the Watch Tower Society
    "I also believe full compliance with the Working with Children Act 2005 should be enforced upon all persons, groups and organisations...I do believe that the issue should be readily investigated and debated. I fully support and would take action to forward investigation into this issue. I shall keep you posted on developments relating to this issue as we, the current government, seek to remedy errors and oversights by the previous government."
    - The Honourable Andrew Katos, MP, Parliament of Victoria, State Member for South Barwon, dated: 2 March 2011, in a personal letter addressed to Steven Unthank.

"All children are precious. As a community, we all share the solemn responsibility of caring for and protecting children. Everyone in the community has a role to play."
    - The Honourable Frank McGuire, MP, Parliament of Victoria, State Member for Broadmeadows, dated: 17 March 2011, in a personal letter addressed to Steven Unthank.

"Child abuse in all of its forms is a matter of significant concern. I am encouraged by the steps that you have taken in attempting to address this."
    - Pam White, (Acting Executive Director) "Children, Youth and Families", Victorian Department of Human Services, in a letter addressed to Steven Unthank.

"The particular concerns you have raised...are very important concerns."
    - The Honourable Brendan O'Conner MP, Commonwealth Minister for Justice, dated: 21 December 2010, in commenting on breaches of the Working with Children Act 2005 by the Watch Tower Society, in a letter addressed to Steven Unthank.

"It is a matter which must be thoroughly investigated..."
    - Jeremy Rapke QC, Director of Public Prosecutions (Victoria), commenting on the seriousness of alleged criminal breaches of the Working with Children Act 2005 in a letter to the Honourable Neale Burgess MP, entitled "The Committee of Management of the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses".

"Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention...My staff have contacted the Department of Justice's Working with Children Check Unit and Victoria Police seeking more information."
    - Bernie Geary OAM, Victorian Child Safety Commissioner (http://www.ocsc.vic.gov.au/), in a letter addressed to Steven Unthank.

"Steven...You have articulated your concerns extremely well and I thank you for doing so...these are important matters and I thank you for taking the time to raise them with me. Wishing you well."
    -The Honourable Russell Northe MP, Parliament of Victoria, State Member for Morwell, dated: 6 March 2011.

"I am very concerned by the allegations...[ongoing criminal activities of the Watch Tower Society]...they are very serious matters."
    - Senator Nick Xenophon, Commonwealth of Australia, dated: 9 March 2011.
    Other Quotes (Good and Bad) "I confirm that the Working with Children Check Unit has written to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia to ensure that the Society is aware of the requirements of theWorking with Children Act 2005."
    - Joyce Prinzi, Acting Director, Working with Children Check Unit, Victorian Department of Justice, dated: 18 August 2009, in a letter of confirmation addressed to Steven Unthank.

"If any members of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned about the [sexual or physical] safety of their children then they should leave the church."
    - direct quote from Sergeant Ralph Walker, Victoria Police liaison officer, March 2011, in relation to criminal breaches of the Working with Children Act 2005 being committed by the Watch Tower Society.

"Dear Steven, Thank you for your email. I would be happy to review any responses you receive from the Ministers you have written to about these matters."
    - The Honourable Anthony Carbines MP, Parliament of Victoria, State Member for Ivanhoe, dated: 1 March 2011.

"Pl[ease] unsubscribe from your email list."
    - The Honourable Christine Campbell MP, (ALP) Parliament of Victoria, State Member for Pascoe Vale, dated: 15 March 2011, and comprising legal instructions sent in one of two different emails, informing Steven Unthank to no longer send information regarding child protection matters and breaches of the Working with Children Act 2005 by the Watch Tower Society, within the electorate of Pascoe Vale. Note: The Honourable Campbell MP, is the only State Member of Parliament that has declined or refused to pursue matters of child protection within their own personal electorate. http://www.christinecampbell.com.au/

"Now it's time for our politicians to do what I believe most of them entered politics to do in the first place--make the place better. Long after the branch stacking and back-room machinations, real leaders reflect on their legacy. The old line that "the biggest person is the one who bends to help a child" rings true . . . Australians are slow to move sometimes, but when the time comes, when the people and the leaders of our community say "enough is enough", then it is amazing how quickly things can turn around."
    - Mr. Eddie McGuire in writing about those who commit criminal offences against children within the State of Victoria. Date: 20 September 2009, Focus column, Sunday Herald Sun newspaper.

• poopsiecakes
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

You're not joking - this ain't April Fools!

I am going to get a beer, read, and digest this a few times! Holy shmolly! Armegheddon is here, and the governments are going to turn on False Religion afterall!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

bookmarked

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

• onemore
    onemore

Barb...is this an "official" indictment or a "request" for an indictment?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you for posting the information Barbara. Whilst I cannot comment on the legal aspects, I think that this has huge potential to be damaging to the Watchtower in Australia once the media picks up on it.

So others are aware, I have spoken with Steven and can verify for his legitimacy and I also know many of the people mentioned in the Submission personally.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I think it's this:

"The week commencing Monday, 18 April 2011 is the earliest date set down for the filing of the following document: "Charge-Sheet and Summons (Corporate Accused)" against the Committee of Management for the Religion of Jehovah's Witnesses."

I'm quite unfamiliar with Australian law and we'll need Steven Unthank to explain this or an Australian legal expert.

• lil princess
    lil princess

crazy aussies, just tell them "a dingo ate my documents. god save the queen

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My jaw is on the floor but knowing how duplicitous the WTS can be I won't hold my breath too long

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit