what do you say to a brother-in-law elder who can't take no for an answer

by focariedu21 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

My daughter is getting married soon and she has "no kids to my wedding" policy as we plainly cannot afford it. Everyone out of the truth seems to understands this and no complaints but my abnoxious proud and pig headed brother in law can't take no for an answer as he thinks his young son is sooooooo special he needs to attend. He Called up yesterday and gave her an earfull on how his son is sooo good and her first cousin that it's sooo wrong to have him there, she came home crying. I hate this guy and am texting him this morning to give him an earful so he can keep reminding himself what an ass he is...but would like some input on what to say to him as he doesn't understand simple language.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sure you will do fine. You could mention that his own religious literature makes mention of respecting the arrangement and not being slighted if you are not invited, so really he should be glad that it's only kids being excluded. Otherwise, one exception would make many others mad.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

This is a guy that has continually looked down on my own kids and others in the truth and now its my chance being out of the truth to really express my true feeling about him...so please help me no matter how harsh the words..more harsh much better

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

More harsh, more better? Okay.

Look, ***, this is *my daughter's* wedding. We are paying for it. If you would like to foot the bill for *every* child that wishes to attend you are welcome to bring your son. Until that happens we can't afford all the kids so we can't afford *any* of the kids. And, if you ever make my daughter cry over *her wedding* again I will personally stop by and***. Even assholes should know better than to make a bride cry over her big day, it takes a special breed not to realize that.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

Thesilince "you made my day" that's great

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

lol I'm glad.

I wouldn't really recommend sending that, mind you, but you seemed like you needed the tension release of reading something like that. I would. Just remind your daughter that this is about her, not him, and if he's going to behave that way he isn't worth the time wasted worrying about him.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

For most girls their wedding day is full of nerves and anxiety and you should remind your BIL that you and your daughter have made this decision

based on a financial necessity, that should be respected by him, even if if doesn't like the decision personally.

I would tell him also that his discussion with your daughter brought her to tears and he should in-kind apologize for doing so.

Remind him that its not placing a slight on to his son at all.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

I've trully had enough of these people running my life and now my families it's time to stand up nad be counted..he needs a spiritual hiding and I am giving it to him

• Girlie
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He wants what he wants..

There is no point in being polite with an assh*le..They will be offended until they get what they want..

Tell him..

"This is my Daughters day Not Yours..If you don`t like it..Stay home"..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit