Has anyone left still believing it was the truth?

by FollowedMyHeart 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I broke it down into its possibilities. Either it was the truth or it was not; either I was in or out. And, in both cases whether or not it was the truth, I was better off not associating with the witlesses. Either I would be wasting my time on a scam, or I would be wasting eternity with nothing but men . For me, the worst would be if it was the truth and I remained in, because I would be with nothing but forever. And the absense of anything else would be my fault--a guilt trip worse than any they could have put on me for not pio-sneering.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

When I left, there was still a small part of me that still believed it was the truth. I left because I realized that believing a little wasn't sufficient. If I didn't believe all of it there was no point in continuing, I was simply wasting my life.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I left after seeing a series of org related decisions transpire that just made me think that there was no way that those decisions could have been made by an org that was led by god's spirit. Left just on a hunch I had that something was wrong with the JW religion. At the time I never had any evidence to prove otherwise, so yes I guess I still mostly believed it was the truth. 15 years later and I am grateful to those of JWN for giving me the evidence to prove that my hunch about something being wrong with the JW religion was correct. I use to be an elder and now I think the JW religion is a cult.

Think About It

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I never believed it in the first place.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I left for a mixture of reasons. I believed (and still do to some extent) e-watchman's interpretation that the Watchtower was used by God but then became corrupt and will reap his punishment.

I also left because I could not live such a lifestyle loaded with guilt and feeling constantly depressed and never able to measure up.

I have attended the Memorial each year but this will be my first not going. The new koolaid overlapping generation bullshit sealed in my mind that I want nothing to do with the Watchtower again.

• the max
    the max

yes, me and my immediate circle in Edinburgh, and in the last two weeks since stumbling onto this forum we have had to face up to the fact we have been fools,all be it well intentioned fools, but fools non the less, still believe in J, as do my mates, so apart from the corruption, sexual deviants, false prophecy,s ect, ect we all wanted to contribute to making this place,WORLD a better safer place for all, I for one have to admit im shell shockedl as are many of my friends, I have had to apoligise to my family for being a complete arse, yet they tolerated my idiocy for years, this lot WBTC GB, are evil, for every nutter greedy selfish tyrant in the Org there are ten people who are fab and with proper guidence and instruction would be a fab asset, just the same as the so called Worldly,s,Just a side note, Even when i got baptised, I would ALWAYS have put my family first they are all better people than i am, just cos I got snared, I still recognised that my family were loving me unconditionly, so i would never turn my back on them, Id rather die with my family than betray them, the fact that WTS purports this as Gods way, is in my opinion, quite insane, and any of you who believes this, you would have been SS gaurds killing all and sundry Jews , yes and even JW,s, because you take instuction unthinkingly,I have nothing to put in its place, and I freely admit,Ive got nothing to contribute more to this debate.X

• d
    d

Left in 2008 and deprogrammed myself ever since.

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee
    we have had to face up to the fact we have been fools... just cos I got snared

the max, Although I've never been a JW, I have undertaken an immense study on this organization. The simple truth is that the WT gains its members through deceit. It’s not that you’re a fool – If anyone had told you the truth to begin with, I’m sure you would have chosen the red pill…

This forum is a great network of information and recommendations for anyone on their way out. I would be glad to send you some resources, or point you to some important threads. If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Best of luck while pulling back the curtain… TF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit