Atheists believe in nonsense too.

by NomadSoul 75 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    He explained the way they should be. But people still look to the OT over Christ. Some might do it to mislead, and some might just be misled because its 'in the bible'. But if they tested everything against Christ... well, I think we might see a different Christianity.

Isn't Jesus ALSO the god of the OT?

Like the artist formerly known as , isn't Jesus the god formerly known as ?

• tec
    tec

Not to me.

Tammy

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Not to me. Tammy

Interesting.

Then, does one conclude that you do not believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God?

What do you believe, then, is the relationship between the god of the OT and Jesus of the NT?

• tec
    tec
    Then, does one conclude that you do not believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God?

I have spent the past week explaining this on another thread, so yes, I think one can conclude this of me, lol. Christ is the Word of God. Scripture comes from God, prophecies, prophets, apostles, etc... making it inspired... but the bible and the law found within it is still subject to the 'lying pen of the scribes' (Jeremiah 8:8)

That is why I test everything said or written against Christ and the love he taught us.

What do you believe, then, is the relationship between the god of the OT and Jesus of the NT?

Father and Son, just as he says. But I think that Christ came to show us the truth of His Father, because some of those who thought they knew him (God of the OT), did not in fact know him. So if Christ did not do it, or taught otherwise, then I don't think his Father did it either. Rather that the people attributed some things to God, that were not in fact from God... OR... the scribes got a hold of things and changed those also. If people had the truth already, then why would they need Christ to show them the truth of his Father?

Tammy

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Rather than elaborate on contradictions, logical fallacy, and irrational thought, I will simply wish you peace, Tammy.

PC

• tec
    tec

Peace to you as well, then.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit