Atheists believe in nonsense too.

by NomadSoul 75 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yeah I'll admit that I think people who think they talk to God or believe in a superpower is freaking nuts!

But I'm a freaking nut too. I seriously believe that there must be alien life out there! No I don't believe we have been contacted by aliens or any such things.

I look up in the stars and believe somewhere there is a planet with an intelligent being looking at our Sun wondering the same thing, as lost as we are.

There is no indication that may be even remotely true. We might just be freaks of nature and be the only species in the universe.

• baristaman
  • poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yeah but at the end of the day, you're willing to concede that you just don't know. It's exhausting to feel the need to vehemently defend beliefs based on faith in the face of scientific fact and being freed of that has been the best form of liberty - at least in my case.

• baristaman
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Nomad, if it's just us, it seems like an awful waste of space. (I'm paraphrasing someone who quoted someone else.)

Poopsie, I agree. Being able to say "ya know, I don't know" is pretty damn refreshing. I think I'm just gonna make that my default answer for everything.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Well said baristaman!

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sorry SBC, baristaman said it better.

• simon17
    simon17

Its ok to believe in nonsense. Just be careful when you know your nonsense is true and punish others for not believing it as vehemently as you do.

• baristaman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit