Capitalism or Communism

by d 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I like capitalism, i think it's good & everyone should have one.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

scary21 - absolutely. My criticism of Rand can only be made because I've taken time to read her novel. One must also understand her background to see where she was coming from as she wrote. I'd like to think that I'm open minded enough to read something I totally disagree with. In that vein, I actually read the entire "Left Behind" series by Rev. Tim Lehay - even though they were crap and I don't come close to buying in to it. It was an exercise in trying to understand fundamentalist christians who take the book of revalation as a literal prophecy.

I try and read widely because I always have something new to learn. Too many only read or watch things that shore up their own beliefs.

• dgp
    dgp

Just one more post, since I have been so eloquent here. Have you guys stopped to think about the kind of moral and humane misery Communism invariably brings?

Where would you rather live: Canada or North Korea? That's all you need for an answer.

I realize not everyone agrees. I'm sorry for that.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Communism doesn't have a dog in the hunt. It's a myth that doesn't exist. A wonderful idea that's impossible to implement. There are no Communist governments and there never have been. There are only dictatorships masquerading as Communist regimes, even if some are dictatorships by committee.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

How else could communism be instituted except through a dictatorship?

Communists don't get to own their own shit, it sucks by it's very nature.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hunter gatherer tribes were, basically communist. So, it worked on those microscales. It was when cities started that ownership and power structures came into their own. What we have today has grown out of that city state structure.

S

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Hunter gatherer tribes were, basically communist.

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Communism doesn't have a dog in the hunt. It's a myth that doesn't exist. A wonderful idea that's impossible to implement.

End of discussion on Communism.

• scary21
    scary21

CoonDawg, I agree totally..I too read left behind.....but only three or four of the series..same reasons, plus entertainment LOL I always want to learn both sides. I also watch MSNBC and Fox news. Not to many people do that because they only want to hear what THEY beleive... I love debate and don't understand why some people get so angry. I beleive what I beleive until you change my mind....please do!

Idrnomo, i don't beleive you can regulate compassion!..........or should regulate greed....I have had some bosses that were dicks, nobody stayed very long. The business did not prosper.The help did not care. Later I heard they closed. On the other hand, I had a great boss that treated his help fairly. People were happy to work for him.....the place prospered, made lots of money, and we all got paid more!!!!! Let the chips fall where they may. You can't make laws against stupidity. Some people wise up ,some don't. If only they would ask themselves

" How's this working for me?"

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Communism doesn't have a dog in the hunt. It's a myth that doesn't exist. A wonderful idea that's impossible to implement.

End of discussion on Communism.

Oh yeah, of course, one random guy comes along & says that he doesn't think communism would ever work, even though it has never even been tried out (according to him).. & that ends the discussion.

Wow, i'd love to debate you. That would be a right ball!

"Hey, i agree with what he just said.. end discussion!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit