I just got my memorial invite

by twinkle toes 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• AnneB
    AnneB

I was invited, sort of... Four copies of April 1st WT on a bus bench, each with an invitation tucked inside.

• moon84
    moon84

My Aunt called me the other day but I have not called her back yet since she left a message. I'm sure when I call her back she will be asking, "Sylla are you going to the memorial?" I usually come up with an excuse like I have to work or something. My mom and the rest of my siblings gave up on me a long time ago. They know to not even bother because I will just disappoint them with my answer. As with my father he passed away 4 years back but even then he finally stopped because I told him I would never go back to that place and those people and that I am too smart to be told how to think. So he was wasting his breath in trying and that he should be used to the fact that when Armaggedom comes I will be wiped out. Even though I do not believe in that so called fate for this world. I told my mom the same thing as well and I guess it passed through out most of the family. I've said the same to my Aunt but she just refuses to believe it. She says I am a good girl that fell of the right track . One day she hopes I will marry a good man in the "truth" instead of wasting my time on pagan men like I do. I wonder what she thought of my disfellowshipped ex-boyfriend!?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I just recieved my memorial invite, didn't answer the door though

I bet this won't be the only one, they are so organized they usually

hit me twice, so much for organization

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here is your own invitation to the memorial and the special talk:

http://www.box.net/shared/8co1lu3q1p

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

fokyc, what did they do to Jesus hair?? LOL He had long hair.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Isaacaustin, The picture in the invitation is the latest from the FDS;

they know exactly what Jesus looks like now! You can't mustn't argue about it.

He has obviously had a make over this year!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Fokyc the WT has him looking like a bearded elder wearing first century clothing counseling the group to go door to door.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

My mother stopped asking a few years ago when I said that I'd

rather have my toenails ripped out with pliers instead.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Two gals came by yesterday and personally invited us to memorial, giving tract,,,short and gone,,gave to my husband, never a JW. Seems they worked the area fast,,lots of NHs around here. I am thinking with working their territories so fast and all the Aux. Pios. they will be working their territories over and over this month.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I haven't got a memorial invite since I was df'd, almost 7 years now.

And about that invite (thank you fokyc!), "John the Baptizer"?? What's up with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit