I just got my memorial invite

by twinkle toes 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Well technically it is an Anniversary invite/special talk invite.

The car group was just here. I was home but hiding and my husband got the door.

I want to tell them exactly why I am not going , but I haven't got my head quite there yet.

I think I am gonna have to just DECLINE!

you?

tt

• Thor
    Thor

oooooo....... no way will we be going

• garyneal
    garyneal

Hmmm, my wife was out in service today. Bet she was passing out invites.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

My mom was visiting out of town the other day and mentioned the memorial thing to me in hopes that maybe I'll go. Nope.

If anyone asks me about going to anywhere I don't want to go, I simply reply that "I'll think about it" and leave it at that. Easy!

V665V665

• lil princess
    lil princess

it must be that time again. my mother approched me and said,"you have an invitation from jehovah". HAHAHA. so i asked to see it.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    Hmmm, my wife was out in service today. Bet she was passing out invites

They had said today was the first official day of the campaign so most likely she was. I think I might collect as many as I can from people I know and send them all back to the local cong. with "NEVER" written across the front.

tt

• maryann
    maryann

Got my invite too ... going to have to say no. There'll be no "I'll think about it here", because the hounding will continue. I'll say no as nicely as I can: "You know, I really won't be able to go" with a sincere, honest, smile and eye contact. How can you tell I'm rehearsing... But really, what right does anyone have to try to impose such a great sense of guilt on another human?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

If I didn't visit this Forum I would of completely forgotten about the Memorial...

A few years ago I joked with my Mom hey isn't the Memorial soon....

Yeah about a month ago hahaha

Haven't gotten an Invite in 9 yrs.... I will remember to pass some wine with the family with some Beer, Jack Daniels, and I'm forgetting something..

The Bread thing........

Pretzels

That should do er'

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

So true about the guilt maryann, but thats how witnesses live. Without guilt noone would go in service or give their talks or torture there family members with little worthless tracts.

I had planned on saying , "I observed it before and unless you are doing something new or I am allowed to participate now, I will just stay home."

tt

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My daughter was given an invite yesterday (saturday) when a couple came to the door while I was at work, they would not have known we are xjw tho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit