Pioneering is NOT a requirement for April!

by stillstuckcruz 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

[quote] I just had two sisters call on me within a few minutes of each other this morning and they are from my congregation. Is this wierd or what. Maybe it's because I did not go out today. One sister left an invitation in my mail box. [/quote]

^wow. Why did they leave an invitation? Are you IA? Ahh...the witnesses do make me chuckle

• paladin
    paladin

I did not answer the door.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'd ask the person to show me where "pioneer" is found in the Bible, not to mention the idea of 30, 60 or 70 hours a month. In fact, the Bible says nothing about hourly requirements or even reporting witnessing hours.

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but I do empathise. I hope you find a way of leaving the JWs as cleanly as possible.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I was asked to, but I said that I pioneered at 13 YO at 60 hours a month and I do NOT want to do it again. Somehow, I don't get asked anymore.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You tell them its none of their business why you're not auxilliary pioneering, and besides a reasonable argument can be made as brought out in this thread that pioneering isn't even Scriptural. Then again, that might not be such a diplomatic way to handle that. Might be better to say that your circumstances just won't allow it at this time, and that you're planning on at least increasing your time this month.

After the letter was read at my congregation, a good hearted Regular Pioneer approached me and asked me whether or not I was going to do it. I posted that account somewhere on here, I can't recall what thread. I told her at the time that I didn't know, which was honest because I really didn't know at the time. She grabbed my hands and arms and shook me and got right in my face. It was really awkward to say the least. I kept my cool, and told her I'd let her know. She actually gave me a time table on when I need to let her know. She offered to assist me in getting the time in a Lucky Luciano kind of way if you catch my drift. Couple weeks later she apologized, which she didn't have to. I know she meant well, and I love both her and her husband. Good people in my opinion, and I enjoy their company. They're ok, just misled, but if it makes them happy, then thats a good thing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Pio-sneering is not a requirement. However, the hounders are going to insist that, since everyone else is doing it, you are not being faithful if you don't. This is another one of their stupid fallacies. They might try to hound everyone using that "brazen conduct" or "giving us double honor" crap.

I can think of many other rules they can enforce like this, even if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger doesn't make them. The ban on colored shirts and wire rimmed glasses started like this. Rules limiting you to one towel or rationing of toilet paper at a$$emblies, minimum donations, and having Saturdays where they want everyone out in field circus all day are other examples. More recently, I saw the example of someone getting a few ounces of investment silver and getting harshly judged--there is no rule that I am aware of against this, but all it takes is one hounder to use that "brazen conduct" or "giving him double honor" crap, and it will become a rule in that congregation.

Likewise, they could do the same thing with pio-sneering.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@miseryloveselders: Unfortunately my circumstances do allow for it because I only work 3 days a wk. I'm trying to find things to occupy my time more, but thats not working out.

Yes there's so many good JW's that I love like you do. When a great young brother(26) asked me if I was pioneering, I said maybe. He told me to put in my slip because there's still time. I said I might. I tried the whole "just increasing my hours" routine. He told me to put in my slip. He then asked me how many days I work. I said three. He said to put in my slip. Thankfully the meeting began so there was no need to continue the cycle. It's terrible that my dad is the elder who hands out the pioneer applications to everyone who asks. To outsiders, I have no reason NOT to do it.

@WTWizard: Loved your post because of it's use of wording. Very True.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

As someone mentioned you really don't owe anyone an explanation. If they press you,say, I may get the 30 or so in,but I'm just not sure,so I can't in good conscience sign up.

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Dont tell them anything. Just give them blank stares as if they are talking to a wall. They will soon get sick of being ignored and will soon ignore you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit