Pioneering is NOT a requirement for April!

by stillstuckcruz 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I'm 20 years old. Baptized in 07'. . Most of you now know about the "arrangement" for April, where those who wish to auxilary pioneer only have to get 30 hours instead of the usual 50. I'm here on this forum....so clearly not a devout witness...at all. When the "friends" STAY asking me if I'm pioneering for April, and I say know, they inSIST on begging for details as to why I'm not. When I give them a vague answer, they look at me as if I'm from Mars and drop it (until they see me again that is...). I guess I can understand their demeanor because that's how they are told to think. But I also wish they wouldn't browbeat me and realize that entrance to the "new system" does NOT rely on whether or not you have the title/rank of a pioneer. If I made 100 hours a month(I don't even want an hour) and wasn't a pioneer, would they still have something to say? likely..../end rant.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

*know-no

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Think of it this way. They're probably worried about you, they're just looking out for you really. It's easy to get annoyed & see it as harrassment when you no longer buy into the bullshit. But try to see it from their perspective, they're all enthusiastic about this religion (a religion which is supposed to be their life afterall), & seeing you be so unenthusiastic about it is obviously going to concern them. And since you're posting here, it appears that any suspicions they have are confirmed.

So, if you're not in a position to tell them the truth, all i can suggest is that you politely tell them that you are having personal problems which you would rather not discuss. That usually works to get people off your back, for a little while at least.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

O believe me, I do understand why they do it. When I was fully into the cult and bought into everything, I gave all of the "encouraging" and "upbuilding" speeches to everyone, because that was what we were supposed to do, and what I felt was right(at the time).I might just give them the "personal problems" shpeil you suggested. I'll see how that works out. Though one elder in particular other that my elder dad, seems to mention in more than most. I couldn't use that personal problems thing on him. He'd just run to my dad to see whats up.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The only other alternative i can think of is to 'pioneer' but then just not turn up for service & claim that your hours have been made up through informal witnessing. They might just be gullible enough to fall for it..

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,there are some Witnesses who get auxiliary pioneer hours every so often,but they don't believe in signing up. They don't want to make a showy display of their service. You could always tell them that you're not signing up,but you'll work on increasing your ministry. That your service is between you and Jehovah,(and the congregation secretary),and leave it at that.

This is sad,the only way Witnesses feel special is getting their name read from the platform and getting to be an honorary "pioneer" for a month,while mostly just passing out Memorial invitations.

Thankfully,no one has asked me,but I stay away from most of them.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

No ones asked me.

I guess it's a given that I'm not.

• wobble
    wobble

It looks as though a few are doing it round here, someone crept up my driveway and shoved a memorial invite through the letter box, he didn't have the courage to talk to me.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

The only other alternative i can think of is to 'pioneer' but then just not turn up for service & claim that your hours have been made up through informal witnessing. They might just be gullible enough to fall for it..

^True. Unfortunately, those other three witnesses in my house know better. lol.

@EmptyInside: not a bad idea. though I've tried telling some that I just plan on increasing my hours (as if), they don't understand why I don't just pioneer since I have the circumstances for it....which unfortunately I do. I guess this is what I get for getting baptized and getting too involved. Well I better go work on my talk for monday *sigh*. It's going to be interesting. The title of my talk is, Why Enlightened Rulers Praise Jehoavah's Witnesses.

• paladin
    paladin

I just had two sisters call on me within a few minutes of each other this morning and they are from my congregation. Is this wierd or what. Maybe it's because I did not go out today. One sister left an invitation in my mail box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit