The real story about the tea party movement

by lifeisgood 55 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    We support politicians who agree to work to produce a balanced budget. We make no demands on them on how to achieve that.

Those pulling the strings of the Tea Party puppets have plenty of demands about how to achieve that - all on the backs of the middle-class, elderly, children, etc., by removing their safety nets and educational and job opportunities.

This is why it puzzles me when people oppose us. I guess they want the country to go bankrupt and our savings eliminated and our money to become worthless.

When you learn more about the Tea Party you will no longer be puzzled.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, the childish name-calling was introduced by Neckbeard (as usual):

So, that makes it perfectly OK to continue and escalate it?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

When you learn more about the Tea Party you will no longer be puzzled.

Bizzybee, you think you know more about the Tea Party than someone that is in the Tea Party and helps organize events? Sounds kind of arrogant, don't you think? Im sorry about the big stupid comment.

By the way, I know you think we need to tax our way out of our fiscal problems. I challenge you to watch this video and try to come up with an honest response that refutes its logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    So, that makes it perfectly OK to continue and escalate it?

James,

Is "Poo-poo Head" an escalation from "Big Stupid"? I think we'd have to ask a 7 year old for the answer to that one. Actually, I do not call names. That was my attempt to diffuse the vitriol by injecting some humor into the discussion. If you want to take "Poo-poo Head" that seriously, knock yourself out.

• Clifford
    Clifford
    Bizzybee, you think you know more about the Tea Party than someone that is in the Tea Party and helps organize events?
    Reminds me of everyday Jehovah's Witnesses, and how little they know of the history of thier own religion. Yet they go door to door to convince others they have the truth.
  • lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

BuzzyBee,

If all you are going to do is talk nonsense and insult people and call people names, please stay out of my thread.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Lifeisgood...from your posts, you strike me as a very honest-hearted person who is seeking to make things better. I am a Democrat, and while I share your goal, a desire for a balanced buget, I disagree with how you seek to acheive this goal and more importantly, your time table. With that said, your party will not achieve much. You are too small to make a substantial impact, and you have scared-off moderates, which will only help the Democratic party in the up-coming election.

You can review my prior posts, and you will find that I was quite pleased to see so many of you elected to Congress, because your pogrom will virtually guarantee Obama's re-election.

However, what you are doing is part of the American democratic process, and as long as you are respectful (which has not been your party's strong point) toward others and their opinions, I welcome your viewpoint and energy.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Posted NeckBeard: We need a new category for Bizzybee: Big Stupid.

One manner in which to demonstrate Tea Party "balance" is to ask the poster who started the name-calling to cease posting in your thread also.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Bizzybee, you think you know more about the Tea Party than someone that is in the Tea Party and helps organize events?

Reminds me of everyday Jehovah's Witnesses, and how little they know of the history of thier own religion. Yet they go door to door to convince others they have the truth.

I was thinking the same thing, Clifford. And therefore, yes, I think it is entirely possible that I know more about the Tea Party than people who are members, just as I know more about JW's than those who have been in it all their lives.

BuzzyBee,

If all you are going to do is talk nonsense and insult people and call people names, please stay out of my thread.

LIG, that is not how it works here. You don't "own" or moderate a thread that you start. So, you cannot banish posters who disagree with you or have a different POV. (Sounds kind of arrogant, don't you think?) And isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't it be boring if the only people who could post on your thread were posters who agree with you? Your thread is like a rabid JW starting a thread entitled, "The real story about Jehovah's Witnesses." Your POV is open to discussion and disagreement as is mine.

• Robdar
    Robdar

This movie will make you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit