The real story about the tea party movement

by lifeisgood 55 Replies latest jw friends

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

BizzyBee,

"Yeah, well. The Tea Baggers are not very well organized so it is impossible to tell who speaks for them, ne'st pas?

Exactly, we are not 'organized', no one speaks for us. We only have one message, any Congressman who does not actively help reduce the budget to eliminate the deficit will be gone at their next election.

"But, actually, the members of the Tea Party (millions? Nah - not even close). According to tea party member databases, there are roughly 67,000 members in counties across America."

We don't have any members, so I'm ont sure where you got this number. Attendance at the rallies in Mississippi was far above this number. And we directly influenced the results in over 50 Congressional elections.

But, I'm not sure what that has to do with the point I am making. We want a balanced budget as soon as possible and if the elected members of Congress do not produce one then their replacements will be producing it.

Please try to stay on topic.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The real story about the tea party is they're another group of political card carrying jackasses who want to stick their boots on my neck. I swear there's no shortage of individuals or groups in this country who want to force their will upon someone else.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So the Tea Party ONLY wants a ballance budget and they don't care how we get a ballanced budget, just as long as it happens?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard
    The real story about the tea party is they're another group of political card carrying jackasses who want to stick their boots on my neck. I swear there's no shortage of individuals or groups in this country who want to force their will upon someone else.

Huh? You are misinformed.

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

miseryloveselders,

So, tell me how the Congress passing a balanced budget will put a boot on your neck?

lisaBObeesa,

"So the Tea Party ONLY wants a ballance budget and they don't care how we get a ballanced budget, just as long as it happens?"

Precisely. We support politicians who agree to work to produce a balanced budget. We make no demands on them on how to achieve that.

This is why it puzzles me when people oppose us. I guess they want the country to go bankrupt and our savings eliminated and our money to become worthless.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Excuse me, I thought we were having an adult discussion of a serious topic. Big Stupid? Apparently we are in kindergarten-land, Poo-poo-Head.

Remarks like that are very likely what got my friend Beksbks and some others banned.

Remarks like that are why I am not stating any political opinions on this thread.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Remarks like that are why I am not stating any political opinions on this thread.

You know you want to though right? I know you welll enough to know its killing you, right?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I know you welll enough to know its killing you, right?

Not really. I have come to the conclusion that nothing about politics ever ends up in a constructive way on this forum.

This thread is a good example - OP posted some insight on an interesting subject and it turned into people calling others poo-poo-head within 2 pages.

I have kind of gotten sick of them after the Beks and BTS disfellowshipping episodes.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I have kind of gotten sick of them after the Beks and BTS disfellowshipping episodes.

I hear ya. It is kinda pointless.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Actually, the childish name-calling was introduced by Neckbeard (as usual):

We need a new category for Bizzybee: Big Stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit