They found crosses!

by bottleofwater 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Obviously Satan possessed some pagan in the first century, causing him to create this fake Christian book, crosses and all.

But seriously, this is an incredible find. Can't wait for it to be completely translated.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

holy crap.. i can't wait..

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    It is the cross that is the most telling feature, in the shape of a capital T, as the crosses used by Romans for crucifixion were. "It is a Christian crucifixion taking place outside the city walls," says Mr Davies.

Boy, how is the WTBTS going to explain this one to the rank and file?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds like this is indicating it was not a 'cross' + (with lower part longer, and not a singular stake (as JWs claim) but a T.

We know the GB will not accept these findings of course.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

g Everyone knows they didn't crucify people, they impaled them on an upright pole or "stauros"

Who do they think knows more about the culture and execution practices of the first century Romans......The Watchtower Society, or Christians who were there?

This is just more lies and false doctrine from Christendom and her cohort Babylon the Great!!!!

Incidentally, I never understood why the WTS made such a big deal of whether Jesus was killed on a Cross or a "Torture Stake" tm (I'd like to figure out how to put the little trade mark sign next to "Torture Stake" since I've never heard anyone ever use the term "Torture Stake" other than JW's for any reason whatsoever)

• Gayle
    Gayle

Will be interesting if they find or verify any or no "tetragrammatons" either.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I agree with Mad Sweeney. They will pull the Satan card on this one.

• Ding
    Ding

Just shows how active those pagans and apostates were even in the first century.

That's how the WT will spin it if they mention it at all.

How grateful we should be that we have the FDS organization to sort all this out for us!

Etc. Etc. Etc.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The Wittards will just say that Satan planted them there to lead people astray, just like they say about the age of the dinosaurs. Looking back, I can't believe how blinded I was.

Good article, thanks!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit