Publishing Cult - Please read rules of Conduct From Youtube

by lovelylil 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't know whether to say, "Go Sox!" or "STFU!"

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Rick was the one who brought it up, not the others. They should not of been targeted. I will be on the call in the future, and will protect my rights like youtube told me. But make no mistake, when I make comments, I defend them 100%. I know what I stand for and do not back down. If you ever have a problem with anything you hear me say on the conference calls, I invite you to open a thread here and we will discuss it. That way you don't have to hide behind a video.
    I am Lilly from Boston MA, just remember my name. Peace, Lilly

Lily, if you go on the show and speak, you are not protected under law, sorry, but you are not. You can demand all you want that I or somebody else not use your comments in a video, but there is nothing you can do, except decide not to speak publicly on a recorded program for public consumption. You cannot put your sh@t out there then cry foul when it's criticized. We've been over this.

The audience was fair game because they were all acting like sycophants and sputtering irrationalities. In the context of the subject matter and its irrationality, it was appropriate that they be heard.

I'm Janos from San Diego, and make no mistake, when I make comments, I defend them 100%. I know what I stand for and do not back down, either. So, you're suggesting that instead of hiding behind a video, I just come here to hide behind my computer instead? Good thinking! Let's do that!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

pc,

too funny. Youtube says people can copyright their statements by giving the statement I posted at the beginning of the thread. So I will try it. If someone then uses my comments in lets say a video meant to degrade me or poke fun at me. I will then refer it to youtube along with my original email from them with thier assurance that I can protect my comments from being used in that manner. And we will take it from there.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

btw;

nice to meet you janos from san diego. Hows the weather? never mind, don't tell me I will only get jealous. we are expected snow again this week, and it is almost april. Have a good night my friend. Nice "talking" to you. Lilly

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Lilly,

what are you saying on Rick's show that's so important that you can't be quoted anywhere else?

I mean, really? Is this something worth making such a stink about it?

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

What? Do Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert know about this? How about Daniel Tosh? Those guys (whose shows have been on for YEARS) are totally f**ked! How dare they use clips of O'Reilly and Palin to **GASP** make FUN of them! And Tosh...OMG! That guy should totally have his ass kicked by Youtube lawyers because his whole show is all about Youtube videos and making fun of the people in them! Comedy Central is going to be so pissed when they realize how bad they've messed up for years!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

broken,

I didn't say anything. I pointed out several times my comments are not in the videos that pc made. The thing is I do go on sometimes and speak about the pedophilia problem in the organization, because it affected a kh I went to. Sometimes I give encouragment to others and share a scripture or two. that is about it.

The thing is I try not to give my opinions just state the facts. I agree with others here Rick should check facts better. But innocent people got entangled into this fight picked with Rick over his comments. All I am trying to get people to see is they are just hurting people already hurt.

Also, I want to protect my rights though because if someone does not agree with my comments in the future, I would rather they ask me about it then to take a snippet of them and put them in a video where I cannot defend them. That is all. Until this happened, I never thought twice about it. But now that I know my comments may be used for other purposes, unless I state otherwise, I can protect myself.

Not that I am saying anything wrong, or controversial myself. But it is good to know your rights don't you think?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You can't protect yourself against "fair use". Which is what PC used the snippets from Rick's show did.

PC has the right to use anything that is recorded on the internet, or published in a book, or anything else, if he is using it to make a comment on that material.

That is the law. That is HIS right to free speech.

Otherwise, the WTS could go against this site for the WT articles which are quoted on here, couldn't they? Or they could go after Rick for his use of the picture of Jesus getting ready for the cross, couldn't they?

But why don't they? Because of FAIR USE. It's not against the law to do this.

• tec
    tec
    PC has the right to use anything that is recorded on the internet, or published in a book, or anything else, if he is using it to make a comment on that material.

As long as he credits it properly, and there are probably exceptions against that right being abused.

Tammy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

But PC did credit it properly - we all know where to hear the original statements, so there's no problem.

This is all a storm in a teacup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit