My Motives For Denouncing Homophobia and Bigotry

by PublishingCult 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I just want to be clear on this. Some have attributed my motives for denouncing homophobia and bigotry to my being gay. Some have come to the conclusion that I must be gay for shouting down the homophobes and bigots on this board.

Am I gay? Moot point.

There was a time, thanks to religion and the Bible, that I denounced homosexuality as perverted, immoral, unnatural, and an abomination. I held the belief that if homosexuality was indeed innate, it was a disease akin to down-syndrome, a genetic defect caused from sin and imperfection. The only thing that would take it away was the New System of Things when we all got to be perfect and pet tigers while the little chinese girl played her violin and Jose and Maria picked fruit for the white people having a picnic by the edge of the lake.

I speak out against the false teaching, that homosexuality is a choice, that it's immoral, that God hates fags, because it is a very destructive lie. Some very close to me who were gay have perished from this world, made sick and despondent from this false teaching, plunging into self-loathing and destructive behavior that had nothing to do with their sexuality, but everything to do with the guilt inflicted upon them by ignorant fanatical Christians who just accept at face value what the Bible SEEMS to be saying about homosexuality. Why should they bother to research historical context, language text translation, and interpretation when they are reading the Scriptures from a heterosexual point of view and rest easily, arrogantly, and conveniently in their heterosexual identity, so pure, so shiny, so righteous in God's eyes because of who they f#ck? Absurdity.

Homosexuals are different. Gay men are effeminate and speak with syllibant S's, like to dress nice, and interior decorate. They do stuff sexually with each other. Let's get a rope and find a strong tree limb.

Because of this ignorant erroneous teaching from the Bible, many gay teens take their own lives to escape the bitter pain and guilt, the disapproval from friends and family . . . and from this imaginary god, this feckless thug. Homophobes all over the world use this false teaching as an excuse to hate, persecute, beat and murder homosexuals. And even if the teaching hadn't come from slanted language text translation and erroneous interpretation of Scripture, and the shunning of historical context, we know this doctrine is wrong because of James 3:17: "But the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, not making partial distinctions, not hypocritical." The persecution of homosexuals negates the peaceable fruit and the fruitages of God's Spirit, which is "love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. . . . " (Galatians 5:22-23). The belief itself bares an excuse for Christians to commit sin, and justify their lack of love. It, therefore, can only be a lie.

So, am I gay?

I am pro-gay, pro equal rights, pro humanity.

I am an atheist, a practical anarchist, rational and reasonable.

While putting a penis in my mouth might label me for life, and while suspecting I am gay might give one justification for thinking I am partial to the agenda, lol, and just want to promote a perverted lifestyle, and somehow invalidate my argument against their hate, it's none of your damn business.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Don't you know the trend nowadays. When you say something gay just follow it up with the expression. "No Homo".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Drinking Homo Milk will make you Gay..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

it's none of your damn business.

i know, but are you? :-D

• sabastious
    sabastious

If you are not gay, don't wrestle with another man in your underwear. Apparently that does it.

-Sab

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

So when a straight man says he's pro-gay, and just clarifies that he's not gay. Does a gay man who is pro-straight have to clarify that he is gay?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

PC you shouldn't bother with having to explain yourself. Him calling you gay was high school humor, and doesn't even warrent a response. You know this is somewhat weird, because I don't remotely agree with homosexuality, and don't see myself ever agreeing with that lifestyle anytime soon. Then again, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be conversing with apostates online either. At the end of the day though, who am I or anybody else to be worrying about what two consenting adults are into. It's none of my business. Live and let live.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bethel`s UnDefeated..

Underwear Wrestling Champion..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Oh well, If you can except me as a straight woman who is strickly Dick-ley

I can except whatever you choose to be, as long as we respect one another

Hey Outlaw make that "thang" stop bouncin' round , it's crossin' up my eyes

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like the bouncin' thang. I makes me laugh.

I've heard about this project and I've just taken the pledge:

THE PLEDGE: Everyone deserves to be respected for who they are. I pledge to spread this message to my friends, family and neighbors. I'll speak up against hate and intolerance whenever I see it, at school and at work. I'll provide hope for lesbian, gay, bi, trans and other bullied teens by letting them know that "It Gets Better."

The Pledge Project

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit