My Motives For Denouncing Homophobia and Bigotry

by PublishingCult 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Be who you are. Cuz I sure am. I don't have a problem with anyone's sexuality. Bigotry, is one that will ruffle my feathers because I'm a minority. There is too much hate in the world as it is. Don't ruffle my feathers and I won't ruffle your's.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You don't need to defend yourself, bro. You are right on in all your comments so far.

Haters will hate. You owe them nothing.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

great post PC, it reminds me of how some JW's on facebook tell other JW's that a person is gay if they post anything even remotely defending gay people. total ignorance.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I agree with you about there being nothing wrong with being gay, but let me get this straight because perhaps I've missed something around here. Did you get all bent out of shape because people use the term"That's so Gay"?

If you did, why not lighten up?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hey outlaw the last time I did Temp work at Bethel I was the only one with white underwear. Everybody else had every color underwear under the sun. From boxers to bikini. I felt so out of place. Totally ADD

PS I do agree with PC. My thinking on this matter has changed alot over the last 3 years.

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

Hey gay boy, come on down here to southern Mississippi and some of my kinfolk will make you think you are in the Deliverance II movie being filmed.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    let me get this straight because perhaps I've missed something around here. Did you get all bent out of shape because people use the term"That's so Gay"? If you did, why not lighten up?

No, of course not. That would be a bit petty. I think I was pretty clear in my first post above :)

Hey gay boy, come on down here to southern Mississippi and some of my kinfolk will make you think you are in the Deliverance II movie being filmed.

LOL, really? Are you going to make us watch you have sex with your cousin or something? :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

" LOL, really? Are you going to make us watch you have sex with your cousin or something? :) "

(

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

PC, I'm right there with you. My mom, when she was alive, was very homophobic as are her JW friends. I once got into quite the debate over it because one of them was offended at having a gay family as participants in a sit-com. I brought up the biology and all that, it was amazing that they were able to so easily dismiss it as "that's your opinion." I said, "no, that's the science."

I find it amazing that people get so bent out of shape about it. Can't they see that gay people just want the same basic things from life as the rest of us. Maslow's heirarchy of needs doesn't have seperate "gay" and "straight" versions.

• shamus100
    shamus100

** The gay monkey shows up, pokes his head in, runs back out **

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit