Are atheists less imaginative about the unknown?

by sabastious 140 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

SBC: you are softening up again... :-D

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

http://www.venganza.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Hentaistyle_727E/FSM_tai.jpg

how about this atheist? is not imaginative?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    TEC: First, why would they even be concerned with Thag's personality, or think that it is not tied up with his physical body? Why would they even think that he had more than just his physical body, or that there was someplace else for it to go, even if he did believe in gods?

Here's a possibility: Based on their observation, "Thag was alive. Chest rise.. chest fall.. air go in.. air come out. Can't see air but Thag alive. Mammoth sit on Thag. No more air go in or come out. Thag not talk or move. Where go 'power' that made Thag alive?" (Yeah, my caveman-speak needs work.) ;-)

Wild speculation based on ignorance ensues...

I'm betting the power of imagination increases a [EDIT based on EP comment] thousand-fold when facing one's own mortality with no clear answers.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm betting the power of imagination increases ten-fold when facing one's own mortality with no clear answers.

It increases 10x when it's dark and you hear a strange noise. Up your estimate by at least a factor of 10, bro.

[Edited to add] I love you, cyberjesus. It wasn't my imagination that increased, though.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I'm betting the power of imagination increases ten-fold when facing one's own mortality with no clear answers.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    EP: It increases 10x when it's dark and you hear a strange noise. Up your estimate by at least a factor of 10, bro.

Good point. I was trying to be conservative but, what the hell, why not push it up to 1,000x!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    CJ: you are softening up again... :-D

WTF? I typed out each post with my serious face on! Like this.... :-|

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I realize you aren't a theist, Sab, and I'm not trying to make waves
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

CJ, loved that picture. It inspired me to make a homemade Shepard's Pie for my kids for dinner tonight and the spaghetti cake for dessert. they currently think I am nuts for trying to convince them I can make pie for dinner and spaghetti for dessert

• tec
    tec

LOL. You should take pictures of how that turns out, and then show us :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit