Mr. Coffee

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

'Coffee Mate' and 'Coffee Creamer'.... ROFL!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I remembered seeing him yelling when I visited Bethel in 1983.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Anyone have a picture of Mr. Coffee?

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I lived in 124 in the early 1980s and he was getting his time ion regularly.

I remember his rantings about how the JWs worshipped a "blaaaaccccck" god also.

He was a dedicated individual, no more deranged than we were inflicting our views on others at their door....albeit in a slightly less obnoxious (but perhaps less effective?) manner.

Are people reminiscing about your D2D "sermons" from decades ago?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Yeah but this guy was way more out there than some random JW offering a set of mags...he would say outrageous, nonsensical things like "The Devils wears Red!" when a sister walked by earing a red dress...

And he had a pretty good sense of humor which made it funnier/weirder bc he'd make you crack up sometimes even though he had his finger pointing right in your face.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I think our family visited Bethel in about 1991. I had an uncle that served there that was our tour guide. I was pretty young but I remember Mr. Coffee pretty distinctly. He had a fake newspaper article printed up and heralded: "Extra, Extra, Michael Jackson's family owns the Watchtower". Funny how I remember that but hardly a moment of the actual Bethel tours. I also remember spotting a window washer on a faraway tall building which annoyed my parents since I didn't really give a fig about MEPS or whatever their latest claim to fame was.

NR

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for the comments on Mr. Coffee!

I did not remember much about him other than he critized the Bethelites for serving coffee.

I forgot his help mate was called cooffee mate, I was thinking Mr. Teapot for some strange reason.

Does anyone remember Jeremiah and Yahweh's restored Israel who were going to tear Bethel down brick by brick?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Oh what fond memories! I would walk down to Bethel doing street work with my buddy and saw Coffee many a time. I remember we'd get these sandwiches at a nearby deli. One day I had a ham sandwich and he got on my case about it, not sure why though.

Isaac

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember seeing him on one trip to brooklyn Heights.

Brock Talon talks about this story in his book, Journey to Gods House.

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Gods-House-Headquarters-ebook/dp/B00EEIWUFW

Not a bad read for less than 6 bucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit