Mr. Coffee

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

Oh yea.... I remeber coffee well.... And i can confirm that he was indeed hit by a wt truck.. A laundry truck ;-)

• Band on the Run
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Elderelite - Yes, the laundry boys used to talk about it- they hit him lafter all! He would stand for hours and hours, day after day when I was there. My room was in the 124 bldg and I remember being sick one day and he was there all day long it seemed, bellowing, "Slaaaaaaaave!" as I tried to sleep.

Also I recall there being a story about how a businessman went walking by (NOT a Bethelite but dressed well) and he started in on him, calling him a slave and a sucker and then the guy hauled off and punched his lights out.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I saw him when I visited Bethel in 1990 with a former Bethelite and his wife. I believe I remember something about installing blinds to the window...they called them Coffee Filters? Maybe I don't have that right.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Londo - Amazing how many remember this guy. There was a fellow on our crew that could imitate him perfectly and would bellow "Slaaaave" sometimes in the tunnels between buildings until one morning worship they had a spiel about not imitating apostates...we all knew who/what they were referring to!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Oh, man! I forgot all about Mr. Coffee. He yelled at me quite a few times when I was a kid visiting my uncle (who also lived in the 124 building) and then when I was a teenager, he would call me the "whore of Babylon" when I walked by - lol.

Once a friend of mine was carrying an adidas bag and Coffee yelled, "ADIDAS! All Day I Dream About Sex!"

I wonder what his story was, other than being crazy.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I heard about him and hoped I'd get to see him when we visted Bethel. We were there the day the Statue of Liberty was rededicated. I remember parking under the Brooklyn Bridge somewhere. We did see him, but he was quiet when he saw me.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Who will take up the torch from Mr. Coffee? Anyone....?? Anyone....?? Anyone....??

• Londo111
    Londo111

I like coffee too much.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm not sure if it's the same guy... but Billy Norris, from my congregation in Hyde Park, MA was jilted by a bethelite woman, and she married someone else at Bethel (I think.... it happened when I was a kid) Anyway, it put him over the edge, and he moved to NY and picketed Bethel for years. I think he was there during the late 60s...and through the 70s...probably into the 80s.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit