I was Dubsnubbed this past week.

by I quit! 29 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

yes --- love the term, "dubsnub" and sorry OUTLAW --- meant to thank wtwizzard for the the term, "cancer." think the losers in crooklyn would be shocked if they realized how evil their religion appears to decent, hardworking, family-oriented, true christians in the world.

• satinka
    satinka

How dare he step into your yard, then shun you!

Where is the respect?!?! JWs have no sense of "boundaries" I have noticed.

satinka

• satinka
    satinka

What was I thinking? ...JWs have no respect

satinka

• Joliette
    Joliette

I can't get over how uppity some of the elders are sometimes. A lot of them arent but there are a hell of a lot who are. There just puppets. There bascially puppets for an organization that could care less about them.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I have been Dubsnubbed while I was still attending the meetings in my hall. I didn't give a flying F*** about them. They couldn't run a lot of BS my way, so they kept their distance. They could not use me for transportation to the meetings, replacing a sister who did not show up for her talk, donate money to take the "speaker" out for a meal, or never providing any meals for "goodie night". I stopped going to the meetings on a regular basis. I had a "concerned" elder to call me to ask where I had been and I told him "non of ya business" and did not owe him an explanation because I was a "grown assed woman". So, being "Dubsnubbed" worked to my advantage and I now live life on my own terms.

Why do the elders think that you are children and you are to "obey" them (where is your fs time, meeting attendance, commenting, sex, marriage, job, entertainment, etc.)?

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ dubsnubbed.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I love the dubsnub title too!

Personally, I like to reverse shun the dubs. I know it is not very "christian" like of me but those pompous jerks deserve it. When I was newly out they made sure to give me a good snub until I started turning the tables on them.

My reverse shun goes something like this; I make sure to glance towards the jdub just slightly and once they catch my glance and look back, I recoil in horror as if I just saw the devil himself. Most of the time I let out a gasp too just for effect. Then I turn as fast as I can and literally RUN in the other direction.

After that I usually have a great laugh or two at their expense. Sorry Jesus but I am not perfect. Peace, Lilly

• LV101
    LV101

know what you mean, lovelylil -- you are too funny! i think you should do a youtube to teach others. their dubsnubbin' has never bothered me one iota because i see them and run, but there's something new going on out there w/the dubsnubbers.

• geevee
    geevee

Happened to me today too..... must be catchy! This dub guy walked past and I went up to say hello and he completely ignored me, I said Hi again and he just kept looking at some risque birthday cards.

I said: "I didn't know you had gone deaf!" still no reply, just kept looking at the cards. So i just stood nice and close and didn't say anymore, just stood there. The next thing he tried to get away. He had to push past and I stood my ground, but he couldn't even say "excuse me" he just shoved past and fled the store!

How weird!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

a youtube video on how to reverse shun a jw would be pretty funny. I am going to give that some serious thought. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit