I was Dubsnubbed this past week.

by I quit! 29 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Just this past week I went to see a Jbub relative that was in the hospital. There was an elder there from her hall. He was probably there for support but also to make sure no blood was used. I never really liked this guy even when I was a JW because he always came across to me as an errogant stick up the butt kind of guy. Anyway he ignored me the whole time I was there. I kept myself busy looking up things on the internet and reading an ebook but could hear over hear him in the background imparting his stick up his butt words wisdom (some things never change) to other JW members of my family that were there. Before I left I had planned on telling him how nice it was not speaking with him again but I never got the chance as I had to leave while he was in seeing the patient (we could only go in to see her two at a time). It was probably for the best because I really don't want to cause a scene while in serious situations like this but I also don't like for them to get away with their childish behavior without it being made know in public. One time years ago I was able to put this guy on the spot for his rude behavior when he showed up in my front yard and was speaking with my wife and other people while igoring me I embaressed him by saying "what a am I invisible?" He had no replay and left. My wife was mad at me for calling him out but I felt good about it.

Just a rant...

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Totally unChristian behaviour from someone who goes around purporting to be a Christian

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

LOL - 'dubsnubbed' - my vote for phrase of the month!

• Reality79
    Reality79

'Dubsnubbed' should be a new common phrase LOL!

• Mutz
    Mutz

However hard it feels at the time, there is a lasting pleasure from smiling and waving

at JWs and observing the internal battle that can occur between their programming

and decent human behaviour.

• VM44
    VM44

"...when he showed up in my front yard"

He is on YOUR front yard while at the same time ignoring you?

I wonder if he would have continued to ignore you if you had told him to get off your property?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congratulations!!!

They show their allegiance and loyalty to a bunch of false prophets when they shun us.

• pbrow
    pbrow

hey mutz, i completely agree and it goes to show the the inherent goodness in people that has nothing to do with religion. Even though some of these dubs have been in for many years you can see the internal struggle they have to NOT show simple decent human behavior. The goodness will never go away and hopefully it will be what wakes some of these people up.

dubsnubbed +1

pbrow

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I QUIT:

When you are in a public place you have no control if somebody wants to say hello or not. However, in your house, you should never tolerate being disrespected. An intruder or uninvited "guest" had better be polite and respectful to the occupants or they risk getting kicked somewhere. The religion should publish an article and educate these morons on how they should act when they are on the premises of a non-JW.

If one of these presumptuous idiots had the nerve to come on MY premises and pretend I was not there, I would throw their damned ass out the door and I would later on make my spouse know that I will not tolerate rudeness on my turf or the next time somebody would get coffee thrown at them. It isn't a question of my caring if they like me. They don't have to like me. But, they do have to be respectful and not overstep their boundaries.

If you want to get verbally confrontational in a public place, don't come across like you have 'hurt' feelings. Just bump into them accidentally on purpose and say 'excuse me' or 'oops'.

I have learned it is better to snub them first when in a public place. Who the hell needs them?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    LOL - 'dubsnubbed' - my vote for phrase of the month!

You got my vote!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit