What Time were your Meeting Times?

by ThomasCovenant 16 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Evening meetings started at 7:30, that means the kids dont get to bed till about 10:30 on a school night.

Once again proving, the GB dont give a shit about kids

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I just remembered, once in my old hall there was a big disagreement over wether Sunday meeting should start in the morning or afternoon. Even the elder body were devided right down the middle. So they decided they were going to put it to vote at the next meeting.

I wanted it to be in the afternoon, my JW ex wanted a morning meeting and told me so. When it came time to vote, I voted afternoon, he voted morning. And the afternoon won by ONE vote!

Hubby was furious at me that I did not vote his way. Now he never once told me to vote his way, and honestly, I was sheeplike enough to obey him, he just assumed that once he voiced his opinion, I would acquesce.

I beat myself up over that for a long time, I felt I was a horrible wife because of it. I was very ashamed of my actions especially becasue I did it right in front of the whole congregation.

Its hard to believe what a door mat I was. If that were to happen now, I would do a happy dance in front of my current hubby and he would graciously accept his loss.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Book study Monday 7-8 pm

Thursday 7:30- 9:30

Sunday 10AM-12PM

that was the five finger grip, but the grip done slipped scince I've been gone

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Let's see if I can remember that far back

Tuesday night bookstudy was at 7pm (1 hour)

Thursday service meeting and TMS was at 7pm (2 hours)

and Sunday talk and watchtower was at was 10am (2 hours)

It's been a long time since I've had to attend

• chickpea
    chickpea

sunday was 9:15

tuesday... the twofer was 7:00 til it ended

thurs B/S at my house 7:00- 8:00

PLUS a 9 am service meetinghere at my houe
    on Fridays AND Sats for the B/S group

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Clearly I was wrong on that, way more common that I think even some here thought. I had personally never heard of it. Meetings on Sunday varied all over, even had some on sat in cases, but I had never heard of the TMS or book study starting at 7.

Oh well.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh gosh, lemme see...

When I was a kid in the Pacific Northwest, this was a pretty cool setup because it afforded 3 whole meetingless days to enjoy.

WT Sunday 9:30

Book study Saturday 1pm

School and service meetings Friday 7pm.

Later, when I was a teen, I believe I remember the times changing from morning to afternoon and it being voted for, might have been same meeting as Sphere was at.

YIPPEEE! No more getting up early on Sundays, anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit