craziest reason elders wanted to have a commitee meeting with you

by glentrevette 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I got a phone call by two elders on a three way call.......Here's the story.

I was about 18 years old and was hanging out with about 3 other 17 to 19 year old brothers. One was a reg pioneer, and I was a cont. Aux. pioneer. The reg pioneer recited the lymeric "There was an old man from Nantucket." Being a devout witness, I had never heard this before. I told him later that he shouldn't have repeated the lymeric because the other two guys were kind of weak, and we should try to encourage them and be positive spiritual influences on them. He agreed and apologized and said he appreciated me saying something to him. It was like a Circuit Assembly part.

I had earlier mentioned to another friend of mine something about my pioneer friend reciting this lymeric. I was not being overly critical, just mentioning that I hadn't heard it before.

The next thing I know, I get a phone call at my parent's house from two elders who want to talk to me. They ask me about it and I say "yes he did recite that, and I talked to him about it. I was applying the counsel from Matthew 18 and the matter was settled between me and him."

The one elder, Bill Brinnegar was his name, told me that Matthew 18 doesn't apply in this case because the other person was a pioneer and had priveleges in the congregation. I couldn't believe it. He was removed as a pioneer the following Thursday!!!

All he did is recite a lymeric with the word "Fuck" in it, and was removed.

The one elder, Bill Brinegar from Bloomington, Indiana was later disfellowshipped and convicted in court of bilking people out of money. He was stealing money through what amounted to a Ponzi scheme. He was taking other peoples money at the same time he's telling me not to apply Matthew 18 when it comes to a pioneer.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    Bogus securities adviser sentenced

By Kurt Van der Dussen
    January 8, 1994

Bogus securities investment adviser/broker Bill D. Brinegar Jr. was sentenced Friday in Monroe County on six felony coun ...

This was the story in the Bloomington Herald Times concerning the above mentioned elder. I can't post the entire story here because you have to pay for an online subscription.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Got counceled for seeing a girl that was a pioneer. I was studying and we met at a KH build. I talked to her on the phone a few times and we met at a CA once. Met her parents once.

They must of counceled her as well because next thing I know she won't return my calls or have anything to do with me.

What a F**ked up religion.

I should have told them it was none of their buisness who I was seeing and to F**k off.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Carrot was always being counseled and being dragged into the back room! Lol

He was counseled on his hair being to long so he shaved it off but he was counseled over that! Then his friend [after too many beers] held carrot down and ran the clippers up the back of his head with no grade on! He had to have the whole lot off! He was that bald his head would glow in the moonlight... When he went to the meeting the elders told him that his haircut was inapporiate and that he was setting a ''trend'' for the younge brothers! Carrot laughed in their faces and said ''yeah, everyone wants to look like a crack head thug''...

Another time we went to a jw party and Carrot was dragged in the back room as he had been accused of ''kissing passionately'' a sister who was old enough to be his mother in the middle of the dance floor! Carrot went mad and demanded to know who had made the accusations. They refused to disclose that info. I think i would have seen him kissing another woman on the dancefloor! Plus it was full of dubs and their were elders wives their who saw nothing! Then the elders came into MY home and had another accusation. They told me to leave!!!! I didn't! That seemed to infuriate them! If i had the balls i do now they would have been digesting their balls! The accusation was that at this party Carrot had pulled down his trousers and boxers to reveal his bottom! Carrot was soo shocked he laughed! Found out that Carrots mate's mother and sister were s@*t stirring and trying to get Carrot d'fed! For whatever reason we are baffled!

There has been loads more times he has been counseled! Don't know why we put up with it for soo long! Oh yeah, emotional blackmail and mind control!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I've had my fair shares of backroom meetings. Cutting my hair too shirt, not wearing a jacket, talking to a friend during the meeting, having a water balloon fight that involved some hot sisters, smacking this kid upside the head for being a douche, lol.... Did I miss anything?

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

Stillin - If you met with three elders and not two, then for all intensive purposes-it WAS a judicial committee! I'm curious; when you met with the three of them did they at anytime state it was a judicial committee? If so the elders broke many protocols here in this case. First of all once the accusation was brought forth then it should be brought before the entire body. Then an investigative committee is formed consisting of two elders who would meet with you to get your side of the story and to ascertain the validity of the accusation. Then the investigative committee would report back to the body and they would decide if a judicial committee is warranted (the comments and findings of the investigative committee weigh heavily in this decision) and then assign three brothers to carry this out.

If this was indeed a judicial meeting and this is really bothering you, your options are; contact your COBE to determine why protocol was not followed and if he does nothing-call your C.O. Of course there is always the risk that this could backfire on you-it all depends how deep the corruption and favouritism goes. So be very cautious-you may want to “let sleeping dogs lie” and just move on.

This happened to a close friend of mine and he DID challenge the protocol and disfellowshipping decision. It was clearly a case of favouritism with the local body over something very trivial that was blown out of proportion. Not only did he not get disfellowshipped (very rare!); two of elders were reprimanded (not removed of course).

• cofty
    cofty

At the last elders meeting I attended another elder put on the agenda that I had been seen playing in a charity football (soccer) match. They all took their turn to voice their disapproval, I thanked them for their personal opinions and told them if they had any scriptural reasons for their objections they should get back to me. It was tendering my resignation in any case and was well past caring.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I was actually a part of a series of meeting...each one more ridiculous than the one before - over a period of two years.

Background:

My wife (now ex-wife) decided that I, a young man in his early 20s, was a "sex fiend" for wanting to actually get intimate with her more than once a month. Obviously, this strained our marriage. She recommended that I go see a therapist, so I did. I went twice and when he helped validate that I was not off my rocker and that the problem didn't rest with me, she decided that was enough therapy. I kind of thought it was funny at the time, because I knew that would be the outcome. So, next, she wants me to find an elder that I feld comfortable enough to talk to about marriage difficulties and all that sort of thing.

The Situation:

Eventually, I found an elder that I began to confide in and get advice from. Little did I know, but that edler began using that intimate information about my strained marriage to amorously pursue my (then)wife. Eventually, it came out. To this day, they both deny that the relationship ever resulted in sexual intercourse, but it was, at a minimum, emotional cheating. Clandestine meetings at out of the way places, phone calls all the time...yeah, it was bad. So, now comes the JC meetings. At first, they are what you would expect. Both myself and the elder's wife are present for a chunk of it. The elder is removed and they are both privately reprooved. Should have been the end, right? Not so fast. Suddenly it all became about how the two families interacted afterward. It was completely stupid and the elders just effed the whole thing up. Eventually they ended up involving the CO, who involved the Service Dept. at HQ. As this whole matter dragged on with no definitive resolution, there were sporadic meetings called and attended that were a complete waste of time. The last straw was a meeting in which I, one of the injured parties in the whole thing, was on the hotseat. My "sin?" In my confrontation with the man who'd spent months trying to get into my wife's panties, I physically threatened him and called him a "son of a bitch." I was stunned. I told those elders that they should be ashamed for treating me and the other innocent spouse that way. I finally told them - "I'm sick of this. Unless you are calling me in to a JC to disfellowship me, I'm done with this. I don't want to hear another word about it from you. You all figure out what to do and then get it done without me because I've had it."

That situation had EVERYTHING to do with beginning my exit and finding that there was more out there than the petty power games that elders seem to crave.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

In High School I saw 2 Elders kids Making out in the Stairwell .....

Now I'm no snitch but that same night the sister who I saw making out had a Tuesday night part talking about the Dangers of dating and since The Elders were always after me cause my parents weren't in the "Truth" I was just a Worldly boy in their eyes.

I was counseled cause I had dated and made out with an Elders Daughter......

I laughed and said Yeah I'm not the one on stage saying kissing is evil....your Daughter is!!!

This meeting lasted for more than an Hour!! They brought the Brother who the kisser in on the meeting...

He said Charlie Brown told me Sister Elder'sdaughter was a good kisser..

Charlie Brown is this true???

OMG yes she was awesome but again I'm not the one on stage!

Funny the Elders who met with me were the Dad of the sister ... the Dad of the Brother and the Dad of the Sister I soiled!!

You probably think it was awkward............. It wasn't even at a young age I knew they were all full of Shit!

• Reality79
    Reality79

@glentrevette

It's absolute madness that you were even called in for a meeting at all over something sooo trivial because of that stupid crybaby - and by THREE elders at that! I'm surprised the swat team and helicopters weren't present too! I knew so called 'sisters' like that woman you mentioned. One even threatened to "get me disfellowshipped" over a petty disagreement because she was friends with a lot of elders! LOL dumb bitch.

@CoonDawg

Sorry you had to go through that. I find a lot of JW women are crazy as hell. A lot of the decent guys in there (not that there's many mind you...) choose to remain single because they know what they'd be getting themselves into if they married one of those psychos. Your ex and the elder both deserved each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit