craziest reason elders wanted to have a commitee meeting with you

by glentrevette 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

About a month after Mrs. ADD and I were married we went out to eat. We both had a beer with our meal. One beer each. Being newly married and much in love we was laughing and enjoying each others company. What we didn't know a old sister and her unbelieving husband was setting serveral booths down from us. The unbelieving husband called the PO in our hall and said we were drunk and acting disorderly because we was laughing. The next meeting my wife and I went to the PO asked us to meet with him and two other elders. They had formed a committee on us. Two old men and a pervert. Told us we should not be drinking in public and laughing. We might just stumble someone.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Flatulence also starts with "f", but is sounds more spiffy...

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I miss the meeting to watch Elvis funeral.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

The elders wanted to know if I still believed that Jehover was using the 'faithful and discreet slave' to dispense

food at the proper time .

Mind you, this was 2-3 days after I told them that the Society had been fornicating with satan and his

organization for about 9 years as a NGO with the UN.

My answer:

"Probably not."

Their response:

"That's apostasy."

My reply:

"I agree. The Governing Body are apostates and so are you if you continue associating with them."

Instead of investigating the Society and finding out what was going on they were more concerned with

my opinion of the faithless and diseased slobbering Governing Body.

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

@Honesty you told them the GB were apostates? I love it!

• snakeface
    snakeface

When I was a MS, apparently someone told an elder that I was a homosexual - which is not true. Or maybe they said they "suspected". I don't really know. But one day the elders called me in the back and waited for the Hall to empty out. After saying they needed to discuss something very important, they said a prayer. Then they asked me if I was. I replied No I am not. They said they knew I wasn't but had to ask me anyway. Then they concluded with prayer and thanked me for taking the time to talk with them.

Of course, merely being a homosexual or having homosexual inclinations is not a sin and does not disqualify one from being an appointed servant (elder, MS or pioneer). It is acting upon those inclinations that would be a problem.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

what creaps!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It wasn't a committe, but I had to go into the back room after the meeting...

I was staying at my parents' house when my sister-in-law came over. I was in my bedroom at the time, and didn't even realize that my parents had left. So it was just the two of us there(how scandalous!). It was at that moment that my other brother's wife happened to come by and saw that we were alone, unchaperoned. She told my brother, an elder, who, rather than just coming to me, felt the need to involve other elders. The kicker is that neither I, nor my parents invited either one of them. I was sitting at home, minding my own business, when first one SIL dropped by, then the other.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

This wasn't my experience, but someone else's and I did mention it in a nutshell on another thread...

Farmville on Facebook had a Christmas thing awhile back where you got a tree and people gave you presents, and the more presents you got, the bigger the tree got. You traded the presents in for items in the game, I think. ANYWAY, a few of the sisters in one of the local congregations had the trees and were exchanging gifts so they could get more FV stuff. The problem was that the trees themselves would not only get bigger, but sprout decorations as they grew! No big deal, it's pixels on a screen, right? So as not to stumble others, these sisters hid their trees on their farm...some hid them in a grove of other trees, some hid them behind the barn, etc. They wanted the FV items, but they didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea. Well, apparently, one of the other sisters didn't think it was such a little thing and reported the whole lot of them to the elders, who then dragged each of them into the back room separately and demanded to know why they were participating in Christmas activities. even after explaining themselves, they were still admonished about it. And then they all subsequently removed this "sister" from all of their friends lists.

I know of another brother who was out with friends who had a few drinks and was "feeling good"...not drunk, but a little buzzed. There were others who WERE drunk or were underaged brothers and were drinking. Someone reported this brother, who is middle-aged and single, for being "drunk". He explained that it wasn't only him drinking. He lost ALL of his privileges. The others got NOTHING except a small meeting and a "don't do that"... This poor guy had recently returned to the meetings and had gotten privileges, and then lost them over something so stupid...and while the others climbed the ladder (some becoming MS), he lost his privileges for 2 YEARS!! But bless his heart, he stuck in there even though it pissed him off, and eventually he got to handle mics again. *sigh* It's a goddamn culture club is what it is!

I myself have never been dragged into the back room for no reason... It's always been because I did something "scripturally wrong". However, of the things I've gotten pinched for, I've never been DF'ed.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    It wasn't a committe, but I had to go into the back room after the meeting...
    I was staying at my parents' house when my sister-in-law came over. I was in my bedroom at the time, and didn't even realize that my parents had left. So it was just the two of us there(how scandalous!). It was at that moment that my other brother's wife happened to come by and saw that we were alone, unchaperoned

Makes me wonder what they'd say about me sleeping in the same bed as my best friend's brother... It was he & I alone with her daughter in the house. I was babysitting after her wedding and he slept there because I asked him to...I didn't want to be alone cause she lives in a nasty part of the city. So he stayed. He could've slept on the couch, yes. But he didn't have an alarm clock out there and had to get up early for work. So I just let him stay in my best friend's bed with me. No big deal. He stayed on his side, I stayed on my side. Besides, he's more like a brother to me than anything else lol. But guaranteed the elders would have a field day and I'd get DF'ed just on the principle that I was with a worldly guy in a bed overnight alone in the house except for a sleeping 3 yr old. *shaking my head* It's ridonkulous. Even the whole "opposite sex friends being alone together unchaperoned" rule is ludicrous. My ex's wife doesn't even want him talking to me on the phone about our kids! "It's inappropriate and shows no respect for Jehovah's arrangement". Please! Seems like Jehovah's arrangement is for anyone with a penis to keep away from anyone with a vagina unless they intend on marrying each other...and even then, another penis or vagina has to be present UNTIL they get married in order to prevent their penis and vagina from accidentally bumping into each other LMAO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit