craziest reason elders wanted to have a commitee meeting with you

by glentrevette 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

I had a brother in my employ who buddied up with one of my "worldly" employees. They got to smoking grass and drinking after work until the brother's wife asked the elders for help. I was unaware of any of this until I was called in for a meeting with the brothers, who chastised me for promoting a worldly, party atmosphere at work. They told mr that I am not a spiritual man or I would have noticed this and done something about it sooner. My thinking has always been that I don't meddle with what employees do in their personal time, but (honest!) I would have had a few carefully chosen words with the brother. He basically made his own situation easier by thinking of a way to sic the brothers on me!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

many years ago, I was strongly counseled in the back room by two elders after giving my fiance a ride to the meeting without a chaperone. Retards

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    many years ago, I was strongly counseled in the back room by two elders after giving my fiance a ride to the meeting without a chaperone.

My sister and brother-in-law got counselled for this when he gave her a ride to the hall to meet for field service. They were engaged at the time. The conductor happened to be standing outside when they pulled in the driveway.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

the whole gang was taken to the back room after someone reported us for seeing us in a discoteque on my bachelor party. good thing that someone didn't see us leaving for the strip club later on. my brother wanted to argue with the elders, but i just told them that we're all very sorry for visiting a disco and it won't happen again.

• WallyWillburn
    WallyWillburn

It wasn't the reason why I was called in back, but the way I was called in back. One elder, whom I tried to be friendly with for a year at this new congregation, never smiled or said "Hello" to me. Oh, well, you can't please everyone, The pisser was when I was asked to talk to him and another elder in the back room. I NEVER saw the guy so animated and lively and happy! For a year, this guy would never manage a smile or a friendly howdy-do, but when it came to potential discipline for me, this guy was alive and excited and happy and smiling. What a creep!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

When i was 20 I signed up to regular pioneer. It was summertime and I went to a congregation get together in a halter top and short shorts, around the same time. I was called in the back and my pioneer application was turned down for dressing inapropriately.

Another time, I was telling a friend that she needn't worry about dating a younger man because I knew of a couple in our congregation where the woman was 5 years older than her husband, and they were very happy together. Next thing I know, I am called in the back and told I was gossiping about someone elses private business. I didn't realize age was a private business. I was so dumbfounded I just sat there and apologized. Then they went on to tell me that they know I am very opinionated and I just need to get myself under control. I was surprised because they had no idea how many of my opinions I kept to myself. Whatever made its way out of my mouth was the G rated, filtered version.

BTW, the couple I had 'gossiped' about were related to the PO who called me in back with another elder.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I had a business back in mexico, we order a car from a JW who had a repair shop and offered us a car. we gave him money but we never got the car... So then after many calls he finnaly send me a check for the amount... well.... the check bounced so it went to my lawyer and my lawyer demanded payment...

Well next week I had to meet with 3 elders who wanted me to stop the collections..... or else JC was gonna be formed for taking my bro to court... I was a MS, i told them I had no control of the situation since it was a legal issue business to business..... they didnt like it so they formed another meeting. I was able to turn it around so as to look like it wasnt personal... so they had no way to pin it on me... so they treaten to remove me...

we met again. the deliverated and told me I had to handle the issue person to person. Can you believe that?

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

i got a surprise jc when i walked out on my nagging, belittling, biatch of a wife who never put out.

of course it didnt matter to em that she was this way and refused to even acknowledge it

• wasblind
    wasblind

A sister in the hall I attended told me, that she was called to the back

because her worldy son gave his little boy a birthday party, and they asked

her if she made the cake. Ain't that a mess ???? Samething happened

in another cong, But that was hearsay cause the person who it happened

to I did not know. Also goes to show that the back room ain't Vegas, what happens

there don't stay there

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

I had so many JC's in my time I can hardly keep up! One of my first meetings in the back room - but not a JC - was for dressing inappropriately (low cut top and short skirts apparently,more than a finger length above the knee I was told) I was like 15 at the time, and I remember at the beginning of the meeting an elder looking down my top and giving me the whole raised eyebrows and cheeky smirk, then afterwards it was he and and another elder counselling me on my inappropriate attire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit