Do they bug people?

by bluesapphire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I have heard comments in the past about people being bugged, telephones, homes, cars, etc.

Does anyone really know this happens or is it apostate urban lore?

• terafera
    terafera

I've always kinda wondered the same thing...although I do know that even though Witnesses will say how law abiding they are, if it suits them they will resort to anything they need for 'proof' of wrongdoing. They call it theocratic warfare.. I think.

But I've yet to personally know someone who's been bugged or taped.

Any good stories out there?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I wouldn't mind knowing one way or the other myself.
    I've never heard of it before until I started visiting
    here. Then I started hearing it a lot.
    I don't think I would want to pay that much attention
    to it though. I lived through the 80's with a bunch of
    speed whores (figure of speech) and something was
    always bugged. If it wasn't the phone it was the lite
    switches or the t.v. or the fish tank or the stuffed
    animals or the radio in the car or the neighbors were
    really under cover D.E.A and watching our house from
    from the white van parked in front of their house or WAIT No
    maybe it's in the clock, it's been loosing time lately
    someone must have tampered with it "Get a Grip It needs
    new batteries!"

No I think if I found out that my phone was being tapped
    I would probably just pick it up once in a while and
    say hello.
    I will not go thru that hell again.

• freeborg
    freeborg

They bug the living daylights out of me, as for electronic devices I couldnt say.

• LB
    LB

I doubt they'll buy a home but I know they'll keep an eye on a house. I was asked to "check in" on one of my tenants before since he was an inactive witness that they were concerned was living with a worldly woman. They said to let them know if I find out she is in there for over 2 hours.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

LOL @ Freeborg....my thoughts exactly !!

sadie

• anewperson
    anewperson

Below is a relevant comment I made for a string Sleepy posted asking about internal and external moles for governments and the Watchtower Society.

LD's experience is not unusual. Some congregations have extensive surveillance. In the past it was mostly visual but times change.
    If you were a Witness for any time at all you were told to report on one another "to keep the congregation clean."

The comment for Sleepy was:

There's always going to be somebody nosey looking over your shoulder but don't let that paralyse you. Simply take it into account and take action! In fact you can even make use of it.

I'll give you an example. William Schnell, Zone Servant, wrote Thirty Years As A Watchtower Slave. He knew Rutherford's agents were spying and ratting on him. So he used that.

Schnell made a few border-line slightly critical remarks around a person to see if he was snitching. Sure enough it came back on him and then he knew that person was a snitch while others weren't.

A Bethelite or two were following him around. He wrote that he "led them on a merry chase." In other words he wore them out and had more fun doing so than they had in trailing him.

See what I mean? Now if you mean government agents, it threads a fine line between freedom of religion in the U.S. and protecting society which is also required.

I believe that Amazing is essentially correct. Of course things can change as seen with the 9-11 thing. It's been in the news that the CIA and FBI now have enhanced authority and increased ability for surveillance, which is good. (Ro 13:1)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

freeborg

"They bug the living daylights out of me"

Ha Ha HA HA LOL

• anewperson
    anewperson

btttt

• ladonna
    ladonna

I doubt that actual "bugging" "scanning" "videoing" "picture taking" infiltration of privacy goes on in regards to the WTBTS, but yes, it does go on in other sectors, and for other reasons.
    Conversations can actually be listened to from outside of your own home, ect......

Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit