Do they bug people?

by bluesapphire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

I know some Elders that where bugged - hehehe Want to listen to the tape?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey bluesapphire,they are not above spying or using recording equipment...OUTLAW

• ladonna
    ladonna

OUTLAW.
    Are you a PI??? Just being curious????

Ana

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

OUTLAW, They're hardly "above" anything much. But do you have anything specific?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Ana,I am sometimes hired to find,people and or objects.Are you lost?...OUTLAW

• anewperson
    anewperson

Yes, there are numerous anecdotes some in writing about the problem. Amazing appears to have wondered if it was done with him. I've had elders and their toadies tell me things that they would have had to have bugged me to have known about. Someone I know also has some devices that they considered notifying fbi.org about but did't because not sure of them as not an electronics expert and not wanting to called a liar or crackpot if they didn't pan out. From Paul Blizzard back to William Schnell there are written statements that the Watchtower Society spies and keeps files. There's a reason they are the "Watchtower" Society over JWs. People also need to find out about the Watchtower Security company in California, apparently not security as in stocks and bonds but as in surveillance.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I think they do it. I know they followed me all around town for quite awhile, which really pissed me off, they kept coming to my house almost everyday trying really hard to get inside, with their books and pamplets, and video's, asking me why I was not attending the meetings and if I ever needed a friend not to hestitate calling, yadda, yadda, yadda...

• anewperson
    anewperson

I believe their rationale for doing it is that it helps keep the congregations pure from dissenters/apostates, sexual sinners etc. It helps them to better test and refine potential elders, watch suspect elders. To them it breaks man's laws but not God's so is okay. I knew a sister they said was about to commit suicide, a little later elder so-n-so happens to come by and talk her out of it. Often I've heard of pioneers pray for help, say cash to go to a convention. Lo and behold here comes cash in the mail. It's been called Jehovah's Spirit in action but inevitably some of the human "angels" will get caught and even the pedophile thing will be eclipsed. Maybe some of us could start dropping some leads in the mail to the right officials on these things like the pedophile coverup and privacy concerns.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

When I was DFed an elder on my JC parked outside of my workplace a few times. Tom Fry was a creep.

Andi

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

our house was staked out summer of 2000 while the elders sent us weekly certified mail!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit