Have you ever felt an earthquake?

by Iamallcool 43 Replies latest jw friends

• titch
    titch

Yes, indeed, I have. Having been born, raised and lived in California, I've felt several earthquakes. And, after all this time, I still have not gotten accustomed to them, or used to them. Large earthquakes still "un-nerve" me. They just re-inforce my belief that we live on a very imperfect planet, in an imperfect Universe. I mean, if left up to me, I would NEVER, EVER, invent a planet that has tectonic plates beneath its surface, that slide across each other, and move around, causing havoc for the residents, inhabitants of the planet that live on the surface of the planet. Would you do that? Not me! My ideal planet would be a lot better than that.

Titch

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ Band On The Run......would you happen to know of a list of fallout/evac shelters in Manhattan? I recently found out about Indian Nuke plant

I tried to search the net first. I only found one listed. I even called FEMA to no avail. Red Cross would be my next call. My daughter works in Midtown. I told her if she ever feels a quake to go to a concrete building and go up because next could be a Tsunami.... Manhattan is surrounded by water....

I downloaded a world map of major world fault lines. There is one small fault north of Manhattan and one huge one in the middle of the Atlantic. The latest major quakes are on or near these faults as well as what's called the Ring of Fire...

I was in the 1994 Northridge Quake. It was horrible and scary. I had nightmares years after. I heard a huge boom then it hit. The worst thing is, this quake wasn't deep so we didn't get that nice rolling effect. It was violent shaking. According to this map...if the pattern continues we're next again......:|

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The 1971 quake is my earliest childhood memory.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I have only felt one in my life and it was in Tokyo a few years ago.

3M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit