Where does my DNA go when I die?

by sabastious 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    uh... fyi.. a Jehovahs-witness.net forum is a sci-fi forum

Life is science fiction. Many sci-fi ideas have made their way here and many more on our horizon.

-Sab

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Yes, I'm the bully type.

There is a theoretic possibility, but it is not the DNA. The idea is to perfectly replicate to the last synapse the configuration of one's brain and to fill it somehow with his previous memories, feelings, thought which have to be somehow stored inside some sort of hard disk. If you ask me, we will be able to store the content of a human brain on a sort of hard disk in less than 2 centuries. That is the easy part. The hard part is to build a perfect replica of his brain. That might take another 2 centuries. But this is not "ressurection". This is "re-creation". To build a body capable of containing the replicated brain and it's content...that is the easiest part of all and we are already capable of that.

• cofty
    cofty

Sab would it not be more satisfying to just accept that you already won life's lottery be being born at all?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Billions of years have already passed for this planet and billions maybe trillions of years are left.

The estimated life expectancy of our sun is another four to five billion years, at which point it will have used up almost all of its hydrogen fuel and begin to fuse helium. It's size will expand by a factor of about 300, engulfing and incinerating the inner planets, including the Earth, destroying all possibility of any form of life whatsoever. But don't be too concerned, in all likelihood the Earth's biosphere will have been destroyed well before that.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab would it not be more satisfying to just accept that you already won life's lottery be being born at all?

Besides my son and my wife my life could be considered a curse so far. Things are looking up though and that's encouraging.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The estimated life expectancy of our sun is another four to five billion years, at which point it will have used up almost all of its hydrogen fuel and begin to fuse helium. It's size will expand by a factor of about 300, engulfing and incinerating the inner planets, including the Earth, destroying all possibility of any form of life whatsoever. But don't be too concerned, in all likelihood the Earth's biosphere will have been destroyed well before that.

Lots of planets to inhabit when we learn how to travel through the universe.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, I'm the bully type.

No your not, you are the insensitive type.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Besides my son and my wife

That's not a bad start.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    Besides my son and my wife my life could be considered a curse so far.

I can relate to that feeling Sab, think I know what you mean. Have spent too many days feeling that way. A byproduct of having been indoctrinated with the JW bullshit I suppose. But whenever I do catch myself thinking that way I get frustrated and correct myself with a reminder along the lines of what cofty said...

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am greatful for life, but I am not greatful for my childhood since I believe I was given a devolved version of it.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit