Where does my DNA go when I die?

by sabastious 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

When I die my consiousness ceases to exist, but the matter that makes me does not cease to exist, it merely changes form. DNA is where all the "data" that makes me is stored, so where does it go when I die? What smaller parts does it break down to over time?

-Sab

• villabolo
    villabolo

It decomposes, along with the rest of non-DNA material.

Villabolo

• unshackled
    unshackled

Don't we break back down to the basic building blocks - atoms....mostly carbon atoms? Anyways, always like a chance to use this quote...

"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff."
    Carl Sagan

• sir82
    sir82
    What smaller parts does it break down to over time?

Mostly carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, & nitrogen.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Mostly carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, & nitrogen.

Would it be feasible given all our current understanding, and unlimited technology in the future, that these floating molecules could be identified as a piece of the DNA puzzle they have become?

-Sab

• jay88
    jay88

According to some poster, you don't die.

jay,

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Most of your DNA goes to the worms. If you're really dumb, and the worm ingests your DNA and passes that DNA down to other worms... those worms will burrow toward the Sun and burn up.

Make sure you die smart.....

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Get the hard drive of your computer out. Grab a hammer and break it in pieces, lots of them..... What happened to the data stored in the hardrive? thats exactly what happens to the data stored in you dna......

But thats the information of your genetic composition, that has nothing to do with your memory nor your consiousness. thats a different animal.....

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Sab, you know you were just begging me to post this....

DNA Revealed

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_melbourne_1.html

• sinis
    sinis

You become the fossil fuels of tomorrow - or perhaps Solent Green in the next couple of years...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit