So… according to the Jun 15 WT, Jesus ransom sacrifice only applies to the “anointed class” a.k.a the GB.

by onemore 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, good catch BluesBrother. The current GB aren't annointed either. Too young. It's the 9,000 plus who are partaking at the memorial who believe the ransom sacrifice and heavenly reward belong to them who are considered "annointed". (I suspect the GB and elders suspect many of these to be fakers).

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It's old news, but it is amazing how many current JWs don't realize that that is a JW doctrine.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Miz, that is really similar, I think. Heck, you can be crazy as a loon and it's over looked if you're anointed. But you always have to check yourself if you're other sheep.

I wasn't really thinking about the perks the big boys get. What does it take to lose your anointing? I don't know what they say, I know they can be df'd but do they lose it if they are and come back? For the other sheep, their surviving depends on how much they do, the attitude they have, not getting df'd before the big A, and even then it's not certain. If I had realized that while in. . .I keep reading stuff like this and thinking, "how did I miss that before?"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's the 9,000 plus who are partaking at the memorial who believe the ransom sacrifice and heavenly reward belong to them who are considered "annointed".

11,202 to be more accurate. But you're right. The GB doesn't believe them, so they have created the doctrine of "representatives of" the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class, namely just the 7 of them. There have been Watchtower articles explaining how the "other" anointed rank BELOW congregation elders.

• undercover
    undercover

Standard WT double-speak when it comes to the doctrines revolving around the anointed versus the Great Crowd.

It has long been stated that the Great Crowd is not part of the New Covenant, nor are they represented by Jesus Christ as mediator between man and God. Those are pretty cut and dried, even if a lot of JWs don't really know it. Also, the non-annointed, in other words - the vast majority of all JWs are not, technically speaking, Christians as the true Christian Congregation is made up of only the 144,000. This is something that isn't clearly spelled out and causes debate even among those who have left the religion.

What is interesting though is that despite all that the WTS still claimed that Jesus' ransom sacrifice was to benefit all, IIRC. In that regard, this article may have a new twist to it. Even still though...the way it's written it really isn't clear. It hints at this thought in a round-about way, yet it'snot written so that it clearly states that Christ's ransoms applys only to the annointed. It's implied but not defined.

This is on purpose, I think. The teachings regarding the differences of the annointed and Great Crowd are so convoluted and confusing that the average JW doesn't really know what the exact teaching is. That's why most think that Jesus is mediator for all men. That's why they consider themselves Christians. The WTS keeps them confused so they never really figure out that they aren't in the true Christian congregation, that they aren't 'sons of God' and that Jesus isn't their mediator. And now, maybe, Jesus didn't even die for them either... It's so obtuse however that if any was to call em on it, they'd have plausible deniability.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

19. The fact that the God of love counted Abraham as righteous should be heartening for true Christians today. Jehovah did not declare him righteous in the sense that he does those whom he anoints with spirit to be “joint heirs with Christ.”

"In the sense that"........watchtower speak for 'we're making it all up!'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

These have not received “the free gift of righteousness” with heavenly life in view “through the release by the ransom paid by Christ

Jesus.”

(Rom. 3:24; 5:15,17) Nevertheless, they exercise deep faith in God and his provisions, and they manifest their faith by good works.

So what they are really saying is that Jesus cannot save you. Only your works can save you. You better get your great crowd @$$es out there and earn your salvation.

Man am I glad I left. But their "deep things" never made any kind of logical sense to me. It just tied my head in knots trying to study that junk. It would have flown right over my head. Because I can tell you that if I thought it was only by my good works I would be saved, that would have been the last Watchtower lesson I ever attended.

Like other things that added up over time, that would have sounded ridiculous. I recall the Revelation Climax book sounded a little out there, the first time we studied it. I remember thinking, "C'mon, how do they know this stands for that? Where did they come up with this? This sounds farfetched." And so here I am, the gum chewing super-duper apostate I am today.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think that this is old news.. I see no difference to what we always were taught..It was "new light" in 1985

Somehow, that one flew right over my head.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I once raised the problem of increasing anointed numbers with a brother who does a lot of work for the Bethel and always seems to 'be in the know'.

He shrugged his shoulders and replied that the GB believed there were only about 2,000 GENUINE ANOINTED left.

I asked how many of the GB were included in that estimate; he just glowered.

George

• undercover
    undercover

I downloaded that issue and skimmed the article. Wow... no wonder dubs are confused.

I stated earlier that only the 144,000 make up the true Christian congregation, thus, technically speaking, only the 144,000 can be true Christians. Yet in this article the WTS calls members of the Great Crowd "true Christians".

paragraph 19, page 15, quoted in the first post:

What, then, about true Christians who hope to live in the restored earthly Paradise?

Is that a slip or on purpose to keep non anointed dubs confused and thinking they're actually in the true Christian congregation?

I don't know if this mess is so confusing that they've confused themselves into not really knowing what they've said in the past or if they cross themselves on purpose, hoping to keep everyone tripped up and never understanding that JWs really are a third class member of their (the Governing Body's) religion. Rank and file JWs aren't part of the covenant, Jesus isn't their mediator, they aren't sons of God, they aren't in the true congregation and can't even be declared righteous. But you'll never see an article ever come right out and make all those points clear. You have to decipher articles like this to glean that dubs can't be declared righteous and then another article later will delve into the covenant issue. By then, most will have forgotten this one and the WTS will even contradict themselves on some of the points made here.

And what's worse is you can't make em see that they're being duped. The articles are so confusing that most dubs just consider them "deep" and just shut down and accept what they're told to believe.

I used to wonder why I couldn't figure out some of the "deeper" articles. I may not be a genius but I'm not exactly dumb. I could read other works and wrap my brain around them, but WT articles like this just confused the hell out of me. And like all other brain dead dubs, I gave up trying to figure it out...until I finally had that "aha!" moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit