So… according to the Jun 15 WT, Jesus ransom sacrifice only applies to the “anointed class” a.k.a the GB.

by onemore 40 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

I’ve noticed for a while now (especially at the assemblies) the frequent use of the term: “Jehovah’s friends” whenever they referr to the second class Christian, ahem….”Great Crowd”, aka the non-anointed Christian with Earthly hope. Even in some WT studies they often throw in phrases like “seeking friendship with Jehovah”, “our friend Jehovah”, etc. So, the subtle message is clear, the Great Crowd are not children of God, they are “friends” of God.

So, the June 15,2010 WT pg 15 makes an even bolder statement about this idea that the ransom sacrifice is only applicable to the “anointed class”, as they are “children of God”, and that the non-anointed class, as “friends of God”, are not direct beneficiaries of the said sacrifice.

19. The fact that the God of love counted Abraham as righteous should be heartening for true Christians today. Jehovah did not declare him righteous in the sense that he does those whom he anoints with spirit to be “joint heirs with Christ.” The limited number of that group are “called to be holy ones” and are accepted as “God’s sons.” (Rom.1:7; 8:14, 17, 33) In contrast, Abraham came to be “Jehovah’s friend”—and that before the ransom sacrifice was offered. (Jas. 2:23; Isa. 41:8) What, then, about true Christians who hope to live in the restored earthly Paradise?

20. These have not received “the free gift of righteousness” with heavenly life in view “through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus.” (Rom. 3:24; 5:15,17) Nevertheless, they exercise deep faith in God and his provisions, and they manifest their faith by good works. One such work is that of “preaching the kingdom of God . . . and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Acts 28:31) Thus, Jehovah can view these as righteous in the sense that he did Abraham. The gift such ones receive —friendship with God—differs from “the free gift” the anointed receive. Yet, it certainly is a gift that they accept with deep gratitude .

It is clear that the leaders of this Christianized cult are so self-absorbed that they are not contempt with just taking Jesus place in the lives of millions. No, they also want to keep their diluted Jesus for themselves. And even strip away from the so called “non-anointed” the honor to be called children of God.

I can only wonder for how much longer these people are going to continue listening and taking this “crap” from a “few men” in Bethel.

Onemore

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Doesn't that mean that the great crowd have to work for their gift but the anointed don't? I wonder if that's why the number partaking keeps growing. Sounds like it's a lot easier to be anointed.

• james_woods
    james_woods

They have also stated - as far back as the later half of the 1970s - that the Great Crowd are "not in the new covenant".

• jay88
    jay88

That's old news. We are reminded of that with almost every publication they put into print.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Doesn't that mean that the great crowd have to work for their gift but the anointed don't? I wonder if that's why the number partaking keeps growing. Sounds like it's a lot easier to be anointed.

You know after slavery ended in this country, the amount of black preachers skyrocketed. Part of the reason was those former male slaves were tired, and worn out. There's other more complex reasons too, but after getting the word that you're free after a lifetime of hard physical labor, you'd eventually want a desk job. The closest to that back in those times was the pulpit. It wasn't uncommon back then for a former male slave to say that he recieved his calling in the middle of the field while working. The Lord gave him a vision that his true calling was to be a church leader. The only thing true about that vision was that the guy was tired of hard labor, and wanted to make a living in an easier way. So he went out and started a church. No more hard labor, just hard singing and yelling about the Lord.

Fast forward to 2011, and the difference between the former slaves in this country and the faithful and discreet slave of the WT, is at least you can be sympathetic to the former slave. He had a reason to no longer want to work. The so called faithful and discreet slave has a reason to want everyone else to work for them. Its nice to recieve free lodging, food, travel expenses, health insurance, and superstar treatment in whatever congregation you go. I guess other JWs see that and say to themselves, "I think the Lord just called me......" Movin on up.. to the east side....we finally.....

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I know the artificial distinction between 'declared righteous for life' and 'declared righteous as a friend of God' is nothing new, but the quoted paragraphs above sound off-key even by JW standards. Maybe it's just me.

What is always missed is that when Paul's argument to the Romans is followed through, he is using Abraham's example of faith, his being declared righteous and his becoming God's friend as a direct parallel to the situation anointed believers find themselves in by putting faith in Christ, living in the spirit rather than by works of law and being granted the gift of God's grace as a result (Rom. 8 is a continuation of this same line of reasoning!).

So how the WTS continues to skip Paul's direct parallel and makes it comparable to some future non-anointed Christian group with a different 'free gift,' is baffling.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

This article might be a shock to alot of the witnesses. When I was a elder I would tell certain ones that the ransom sacrifice only applies to the anointed and not the great crowd many did not know that. I know its old news but this will be like new light to many. I always thought how silly this teaching was "Anointed free gift only have to live their life out faithful to WT teaching" "Great Crowd no free gift has to work for it and if the big A comes Maybe they will survive, then if they make it for 1000 years they have to work hard to stay alive, then with Satan let loose they go through another big test if they survive that then maybe they will be consider step children of God. Immortal life 1 test of faith, everlasting life if you can keep pasting the 3 test then you might make it to status of step child of God. It's good to be Anointed. Totally ADD

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This article might be a shock to alot of the witnesses. When I was a elder I would tell certain ones that the ransom sacrifice only applies to the anointed and not the great crowd many did not know that. I know its old news but this will be like new light to many.

This is one of those peculiar doctrines where if you blink you'll miss it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that this is old news.. I see no difference to what we always were taught..It was "new light" in 1985

• james_woods
    james_woods
    BTW. the anointed class does not refer to the G B, rather the 144k.

Yeah, technically - but in reality, a nonGB annointed is at best just another publisher. At worst, a phony who should not be partaking of the emblems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit