Let's make a deal

by Nickolas 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I'm an atheist, my wife's a Jehovah's Witness. Each of us knocks on your door and has something to sell to you. It's up to you to choose. Take one, take the other, take neither.

1. There is no god. We can't really be expected to understand much, that's how primitive we are, but it appears from the evidence (if all those scientists can be beleived) that we are animals like all the other animals around us, only we're smarter. A billion years ago, life generated spontaneously as a self-replicating molecule, natural selection took over and the rest is history. And, by the way, you're gonna die.

2. There is certainly a God, and his name is Jehovah. He created us, and all the other living creatures around us. And He did it, not over the course of a billion years, but scant thousands of years ago. He made us, and all the other living things in the world. We, his most beautiful physical creation, then betrayed Him and He cursed us. We were innocent and pure as the driven snow, as we were when He made us, but we should have known better. This snake shows up that's different. This snake talks, and he convinces naiive Eve (she's just part of a mere rib of a man, after all) to take a bite out of a fruit she's been forbidden to taste by her Creator who had said, like, just yesterday, "Hey, you can have eternal life exactly the same way as you have it now, forever and ever, for all eternity, living here in the garden with Adam, making kids, eating fruit, petting lions, over and over again, for all time neverending." So, somehow Eve decided the prospect was not enticing so she bit into the fruit, knowing full well that she'd be inviting down on her head and all of humankind the wrath of Jehovah. Well, Jehovah was indeed some pissed, and he cursed humankind. But he made sure we survived. He made sure we would endure through a Great Flood so that we might survive and repopulate the world. He guided us through the wilderness and found us a home. He brought forth the human saviour who would atone for the sins of our original parents (the ones sucked in by the snake) and He set him up to be a blood sacrifice in the most horrific manner conceivable just so that we might live forever. And all you've got to do is believe it, and you'll live forever.

Which one do you buy?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Both options kind of make me sad.....

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Umm... there is a door #3, isn't there?

V665V665

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is a God.....There is No God..

Niether of You,can Prove Anything you Have to Sell..

You both make "No Sale"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

you don't have to be sad.

Aw, c'mon, OUTLAW, you wouldn't buy either one? Are you an agnostic?

Just the two of us, V. Polar opposites.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Can door #3 be the gnostic view?

I'd pick that one.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Sorry Nickolas. You already have three folks here who aren't buying anything you're trying to sell us so far. Since you're so insistent on analogizing this issue with a certain well known game show, WHERE IS DOOR NUMBER 3?

V665V665

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

And then my cousin shows up selling his special agnostic-believe-whatever-you-want-to package, with guaranteed refund.

Now, which one do you choose?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    And then my cousin shows up selling his special agnostic-believe-whatever-you-want-to package, with guaranteed refund.....Nickolas

That `s a "No Sale" also..

Agnostics Know..They don`t Know the Answer,if God Exists or Not..

"Believe whatever you Want",with No Proof..Is Unacceptable..

So..

The Question remains Open,until a Provable Answer can be Provided..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ok, OUTLAW, what about these Ginsu knives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit