"See! See? Just as like the bible says! earthquakes are increasing!"

by highdose 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlouie
    Scarlouie

I feel dumb, but please explain the slang "dub".

• jam
    jam

I hope this never happen, but how would the average JW respond

if A KH was destroyed by A quake while A meeting was taking place. Do they feel

that God will protect them. I think about Moses, all those years in

the desert and come so close and God tells Moses sorry old freind.

You are in the last days and God brings A earthquake and wipe out

your JW family, just before Jesus appear.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I don't think individual JW's really look forward to the destruction of mankind or seeing anyone die. I do however think that their own personal doubts and the lack of any real conclusive evidence of their beliefs being based in reality. makes them appear that way . When something happens that even comes close to making their fantasy appear real, they are quite releived even elated. They are constantly on the look out for evidence no matter how feeble, to prove their beliefs correct or to compensate for the dissapointment/embarrasment of having had every significant date they ever looked toward, proven wrong. They are overjoyed not by the deaths of thousands, but by the prospect that maybe they haven't been misled or have wasted their lives afterall.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

They are overjoyed not by the deaths of thousands, but by the prospect that maybe they haven't been misled or have wasted their lives afterall.

DING! DING! I think we have a winner here.

V665V665

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funny, in another article, they said that the bible DOESN'T say that earthquakes were to increase:

*** g02 3/22 p. 9 Earthquakes, Bible Prophecy, and You ***

Note, though, that the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy does not require an increase in the number or power of earthquakes. All Jesus said was that there would be great earthquakes in one place after another.

----

Guess, they aren't sure what the bible really says.

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

"Expectation post-poned is making the heart sick." --A scripture in the Bible.

JW's are sick of waiting and so hang onto anything that provides relief.

I know I did. I was looking for anything pointing in the direction of the New Order.

I needed relief from all the waiting for what's around the corner.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Actually in reality earthquakes have not been increasing, earthquakes were occurring in one place after another in ancient times when the

words of the Bible were written. What has happened though is that human population has inhabited these areas where these EQs occur,

increasingly through the years and their seismic events are now measured and recorded, something that wasn't apparent 100 years ago

and beyond.

A realization that the WTS would never come out and honestly admit.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Some comments from JWs on facebook today:

‎ ;,,(
    But in a way I am also happy because the end of this suffering is near!!!!!

THIS IS SUCH A SAD DAY IN JAPAN --THE DEVISTATION IS INCREDI. MAY JEHOVAH WATCH OVER ALL THE ROTHERS AND SISTERS THERE. AND BRING THEM ALL TO SAFETY.

It's scary but exciting also..

I agree it is scary but exciting. I wonder why he chosen me to be here at this time to see thee things.he knows what he is doing all the time. :)

THe woe is sad and difficult to see but, this is what we are all praying for. Let his kingdom come!

Everyone forgets to pray for the worldly people suffering too. What kind of sick-f*k religion gets you excited when bad things happen to lots of people?

Argh! Format went all wonky!

• wasblind
    wasblind

If they come round my house in April, smilin' about destruction

death and doom , I'm gonna cuss a brotha or sista slap out

I'm gonna have them thinkin' the big "A" done came Apostate style

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earthquakes.php contains a number of statistics.

There is an earthquake over intensity 8.0 every year, so the one in Japan is not unexpected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit