The God Delusion - online documentary films - Parts 1 & 2

by Nickolas 45 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec
    you skiddadle around the questions as though you have a better insight.

What questions? I agreed with much of what Dawkins had to say, and I stated where I disagreed and why.

Tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

You skidaddle all the time Tec!

My answer is Christ. If Christ didn't do it or live it or teach it (especially if he taught the opposite), then I don't believe it is more than something man decided, or we misunderstand the context or cultural climate.

Premium skidaddling.

The NT Jesus did the same thing -His message summed up irreverantly was - I've come to enforce all the laws of OT daddy except when I don't (its Ok when I dont of course) but I'm going to leave you all the unanswered question that would actually help, I'll muddy up the rest, then fly away promising I'd brb (lol - j/k) and then knowing what a poor job I'd done of recording anthing, I'll let anybody with a pen amend to their hearts content and make up as many stories as they like about me (who cares what nonsense I've got tec to speak for me ;) , then as a final gigglefest I'll return to this entire car crash , burn the ones who got the secret game wrong, enslave everyone else who's left and prove that I am the single most disorganised super being save pops and his monumental 'don't eat the evil fruit, which evil fruit, the evil fruit on the tree I planted in the middle of your garden' disaster movie.

You have no special magic gift tec (harsh but kind) you are just as deluded as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEFSvHs8o4

The God Delusion is all about you! When I first watched the anti-LDS movies I rejected them as soon as I found anything I could disagree with despite loads of it being spot on. My mental filters stopped me understanding what I saw and how it applied to me. I was sure I was right, very sure. I had my 'spiritual' experiences that were so otherworldy that I just 'knew' my version of god was right , that my relationship with christ was the right one. Religious thinking mentally retarded me - people here pointed it out very strongly to me (you can read some back posts if you wish - don't, you have better things to do with your life!) and I fought to defend my subjective truth v their objective knowledge. Fortunately I lost.

• tec
    tec

You skidaddle all the time Tec!
    My answer is Christ. If Christ didn't do it or live it or teach it (especially if he taught the opposite), then I don't believe it is more than something man decided, or we misunderstand the context or cultural climate. - Tammy

Premium skidaddling.

Perhaps it is skidaddling when it comes to Christianity as a religion. Perhaps I am not a Christian as Christianity defines it - in fact, most of Christianity would tell me that I am not a Christian, since I do not believe in the trinity, and that is a core doctrine.

But I do not skidaddle when it comes to who I actually am: someone who follows Christ. Or at least tries her best to let her actions reflect her faith. So as one who follows Christ, there is no way I am going to take what anyone else says or writes in contradiction to Him and what He taught. I do not apologize for this (no, I don't think you were asking me to apologize, and I am not upset or anything... I just can't find a place to put in a winky smilie... ;) ... oops nevermind), and anyone else is free to think anything they like about how I follow Him.

(might help if I knew what you meant by skidaddling, mind you)

BTW, I didn't watch the God Delusion yet. Just the first clip on faith as a virus, from Nick's second link. That's the one I commented on.

You have no special magic gift tec (harsh but kind) you are just as deluded as:

Not harsh at all. I don't think I have any special magic gifts... just a little faith. I'm looking at the same scriptures you're looking at, and seeing something very different in the way that I apply them.

Tammy

• whereami
    whereami

That video says it all Qcmbr.

Religion: the "acceptable" mental illness.

• unshackled
    unshackled

While I do completely agree with whereami and Qcmbr, if the believers in this world were more like Tec/Tammy and PSac it would be a much more peaceful place. That said, I think that's a reflection of their character rather than because they have "just a little faith".

• tec
    tec

LOL... sorry, but I'm in the middle of watching the God Delusion documentary, and Dawkins is going to meet some atheists of the free thinkers group, who he claims are probably feeling browbeaten and hoping that they could move to Canada.

I had to laugh because on another thread (the one about the young atheist girl being bullied for being an atheist), I suggested the same thing for her and her family.

BBS

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit