Who REALLY IS the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by TimothyT 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone. Im 23 and im still a JW. The Jehovahs Witnesses claim that God is using their earthly organisation in the last days! Im realy not too sure. I want to research it further. What do you all think?

Such questions have sprung to my mind: Why would Jehovah use an earthly organisation? Would he need one? Where is this notion backed up by scripture? (Please dont quote Matthew 24:45 - Its simply an illustration and doesnt prove much)

Personaly, im not satisfied to know that this organisation 'IS' the chosen one. I would like to see some evidence to clarify it, or at least understand the scriptural basis for this teaching. After all, anyone can say, "Im the chosen one" without proof. Should you believe them without any evidence?

Where is the evidence? Does anyone have any ideas. Please be reasonable too with your answers. I seriously would like to know what you all think.

Thanks, Tim :)

• Ding
    Ding

There is no ONE Christian church or denomination.

Organizations that claim to be such always end up supplanting Jesus Christ.

Their leaders must be obeyed without question.

Even if there were only one Christian group in the world, I don't think it would be the one that has incorrectly prophesied specific dates for the end of this system at least 5 times in the last 100 years: 1914, 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, it seems to be Christ. But it's not any particular organization, I can't see any evidence in the Bible. It's one of those "use your own judgment things" to find individuals, not organizations, who seem to understand what Christ actually taught which is brotherhood and peace.

I know the Witnesses like to use Timothy where it talks about "one faith" but faith isn't a synonym for any one organization, it's having a commonality of belief in Christ, which Christian churches pretty much all share.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The fact that the GB/FDS has to constantly pound on the table over and over with their references to Mt 24:45 tells me even THEY don't quite believe that there is such a "slave"

If there were one true organization, being guided by holy spirit, while all others were not guided in this way, it would be patently obvious. The direction and guidance of such a slave would be far superior to all other organizations, people would be joining by the millions.

As Ding says, their record speaks for itself. A continuous record of flip flopping and buffoonery does not make any org the "faithful slave" no matter how many times you pound on the table and say that you are.

• tec
    tec

The faithful and discreet slave is anyone doing his master's will when he returns. It applies to each and every one of us, individually.

Tammy

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I do not know. I don't even know if god exists, although I am as certain on that score as logic and evidence allows. What I am absolutely certain about is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not what it represents itself to be, so the GB is also not what it represents itself to be. It took me a few decades to come to that conclusion, so it's not that I jumped to it. Keep asking questions, TimothyT. And don't let the trolls in here scare you away.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Timothy,

I think these two articles do a fair job of presenting the Org's proof and scriptural backing and then refuting.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/organization.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php

• gutted
    gutted

Timothy,

Well if you don't believe in Matt 24:45, then you don't believe in a faithful and discreet slave class. This is the most important scripture in JW teaching, because it apparently gives them authority to represent God.

The whole idea is that Jesus came in 1914, then he examined them and finally in 1919 he appointed the faithful and discreet slave class because they were dispensing spiritual "food at the proper time". If you do a historical examination of that time period and what the organization were teaching you will find your answer.

I highly recommend the book "Captives of a Concept" that goes in-depth into this subject.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Here's a shortcut: John Shelby Spong. That is all.

• moshe
    moshe

Does the F&DS exist? Have you seen one? Can you find the name of just one person the the WT publications who says, in first person, they are one of the F&DS? you can look, but you won't find anything. The GB can't be the F&DS, because they are anything, but discreet.

I believe in jackalopes, too. I have a postcard of one- it's in color- that should be proof enough for any JW who believes in the unseen, un-named, unproven Faithul Slave Class.

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit