Is Being In A "Relationship" Important To You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I am referring to a personal/sexual relationship with someone, perhaps, that you could possibly love.

I know a lot of people who are very content to date, possibly have sex and look for another partner.

• dgp
    dgp

It depends on what you want, and what your past experiences were. Say your past experiences were bad: that can either convince you it's best to stay alone, or it can make you trust there's someone out there if you know where to look.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If it wasn't I would have left the hubby long ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Mrs. J

• snakeface
    snakeface

No. I actually do better in life when I'm NOT in a relationship. I get tired of having to drag that extra weight around.

I think it depends on if you're introverted or extroverted. An introvert (myself) receives his motivations and inspirations from within, whereas an extrovert receives these from outside sources.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

The quality of your life boils down to the quality of relationships you have with other people, and this doesn't just mean romantically or sexually.

My first rule is: Be what you want to attract.

Second rule: Eyes wide open, and asking the question, "what do I have to contribute to the quality of this person's life?", rather than, "what am I going to get out of this?".

I'm very happy as a single man, but I am open to the idea of another relationship should I find in another the qualities I adore. Meanwhile, I have a good loving supportive family, good friends, and an ocasional date. Those closest to me sometimes express their hope I will find "the right one", but I really do feel whole as a person, and having a significant other is not a priority. As an xJW, my options no longer have a strangle hold on them by the rules of the GB and WTBTS, and I feel all grown up and manage to handle my healthy choices and decisions surprisingly well. Gee, imagine that?

Now, find me a hottie atheist/anarchist who loves bicycling, nude beaches, tuna, and Bordeaux Rouge, and we might just have ourselves a match.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

VERY! Im still a JW, and despite being gay, i desire to find a guy who i can truly love and spend the rest of my life with. The thought makes me feel all warm and happy! :) Despite the fact that im reasonably introvert... i do believe i need the love and affection to give me a purpose for living! :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think I would be alright with not bein' in a relationship

but since I am, the most important thing to me is a

trusting one.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Yeah I guess it is. Being single get's lonely, and having a partner in life to talk to, have fun with, etc. makes life more enjoyable.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, a relationship is the last thing I'm interested in. I'm sick and tired of being nagged and manipulated in an effort to turn me into something I'm not. I'm happy with who I am. If someone else isn't they are free to move on.

That seems to be a concept that some people just don't get. Or maybe they like the drama. In any event, I took myself off the market 7 years ago and I am enjoying a peaceful, quiet home for the first time in my life.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit