When You Look Back, Can You Believe That You Actually . . .

by PublishingCult 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I never even when I was a "good" jw felt I was good enough to make it. Now it seems funny the JW New System. I now do my best to enjoy the life we have now.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Can't believe it, am embarassed that I ever did.

I think that embarassment is good, though, as it keeps us from making fools of ourselves again by falling for someone else's far-fetched and unverifiable promises.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I did believe it. It seemed hard to understand, but I did believe.

My belief did start to wane a little as I got sick of all the crap going on, but pretty well evaporated after I stayed a couple of days at the Australian Bethel. I realised there was zero chance that a God would allow these people to run a new system.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry, spelled Armageddon wrong...........either spelling.....it isn't coming!

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

"When you look back, can you believe you actually..."

No...I cant.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Finally-Free- I did not believe everyone would be like the witnesses were. All would attain to PERFECTION by the end of the thousand years. The self-righteousness and judgemental attitude certain (well, alot of!) witnesses had would be gone.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I thought cute wordly boys were Satan's temptation to lead me astray! I wish I had let them.

Believed this religion without question for a quarter of a century.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Miz - "72 inexperienced virgins.......I'd rather have one slut, unlimited buffalo wings and Becks"

It's always nice to hear some appreciation for us ladies who just can't seem to manage to keep our legs together and our heads from under the table.

Finally Awake (from the been around the block class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit