When You Look Back, Can You Believe That You Actually . . .

by PublishingCult 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• factfinder
    factfinder

That picture does look creepy! What is it from?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    That picture does look creepy! What is it from?

It's a scan I took from one of the publications, altered of course.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think we all must have clung onto the hope of this ridiculous vision/fantasy/dream albeit very temporarily, due to the fact of the unbelievable bias that is presented through The WTS' stupid publications, and the forbidding of researching anything from "other" sources, the scriptures of a "new heavens and a new earth" blending in with the pretty pictures tamed animals and shiny happy people had me hooked,but as I say very temporarily.

• Perry
    Perry

Posting offensive words to describe the cherished beliefs of our lost relatives is just as unconscienceable.

Perhaps you'll grow up one day and learn to afford at least a minimum threshold of dignity to those you strongly disagee with and ask yourself the same question as in your post title.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Actually, there IS going to be a new system, populated with people who have sufficiently evolved into a service-to-others orientation. The lifespans will significantly increase due to a quantum leap in DNA, but I don't think we're quite ready for "eternal life". We're still in cyclic existence until we reach the 5th density. Our consciousness minus the egos, however, is a part of God and will never die.

Egotists and narcissists (Pharisees like JW's) won't be allowed to incarnate here. They'll have to do some time on a less hospitable planet, maybe similar to the one in Avatar. This is the real meaning of the abyssing of Satan according to Edgar Cayce. Makes sense to me.

• wasblind
    wasblind

that girl holdin' the blue book looks possessed

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Nahhhh wasblind, I think she's just related to this guy....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Exactly when the "new system" in the pretty pictures is supposed to occur is conveniently ignored by the rank and file JWs. According to WT doctrine, Armageddon is followed by 1000 years of cleanup and judgment, after which Satan is let loose to mislead the world AGAIN and THEN ANOTHER Armageddon-like event is to occur AGAIN.

It isn't until AFTER ALL THAT, you get to have your pet lion, panda, or dolphin, IF you manage to somehow survive BOTH Armageddons*.

(*note: the second one isn't called Armageddon. the Borg leaves it nameless but it is basically just like the Big A they're expecting in 1914, er, 1975, er, any day now.)

Point is, the JWs are thinking paradise is right around the corner, WHEN THEIR OWN DOCTRINE SAYS IT IS MORE THAN 1000 YEARS AWAY.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yeah Mad, and that's if the thousand years is a literal number, which it isn't. It could be 13,000. We're actually at the nadir of the night of the cosmic day, which is one Procession of the Equinox (26,000 years or twelve "Ages"). Like the minute hand on a clock that points to noon, the marker that points to the Age of Aquarius is actually the one that points towards Kether (the Father) on the Tree of Life, which is "Heaven". But the real indicator for us is the bottom of the hand which is the middle of the Dark Night. So we are actually entering the Age of Leo (hence, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah) from the standpoint of Malkuth or the physical earth. This is good because it is a turning point towards the light, but we've got 13,000 years to go before we reach the height or nadir of the Day.

• JuanMiguel
    JuanMiguel

1. Didn't realize I could lie about how many hours I spent in service and how many books, magazines, and etc. I had placed.

"Why can't you be more like Brother Miguel? He reports over 27.2 billion hours every month on average, placing over a trillion pieces of literature as well, all while holding down a full-time job as a main grocery bagger-boy at the Piggy Wiggly!"

2. Failed to record over the sing-along piano tapes for the meetings before I left. (I mean, they were there in my keep till that very last day.)

"Let's see...For song 113, I'll put the karaoke version of I've Never Been to Me, and for 152, the background track to Fat Bottomed Girls. Oh look! The kakaroke track for MacArthur Park, the Richard Harris version!...Song number 1!"

3. Wasted my last public talk (which was on the day before I disassociated myself) by not incorporating PowerPoint presentations with pictures of Domos representing how Jehovah's Witnesses should act.

"And in slide number 652 you'll notice that the reason for chasing this kitten across this grassy field is not merely to bring down Jehovah's judgment upon it--for unspeakable acts of unchastity, and you know which ones I'm talking about...right, Brother Charlie Lewis?-- but also because the kitten pretended to not be home last Saturday when we rang it's doorbell twice and knew we heard it rummaging around inside after turning down the television!...And here in slide number 653---"

4. Fought the constantly nagging desire to break out into glossolalia during those last few meetings with the elders and circuit overseer and blame it on Tourette syndrome.

"The 7th Street bookstudy group is doing fine. In fact we're DROPKICKMEJESUSTHROUGHTHEGOALPOSTSOFLIFE, HAILMARYFULLOFGRACE, RUNFORRESTRUN, KYRIOSELEISON, IFFIHOLLERSLEDDEMGO, AMEN enjoying almost 100% participation during question and answer time."

5. Failed to bring four-course meals to the conventions (fine wines and palate-cleansing sorbets included) to eat while everyone else dined on sandwiches.

"What am I eating? I'm not sure. (Looking down at the food on the fine china.) It's some kind of round tiny beef wrapped in bacon with--I dunno, (lifting up item on fork to examine it closer) some kind of rare truffle on the side. I'm not sure. (Laughs to self while blotting lips with cloth napkin.) I woke up late and was half asleep when I got my staff at home to throw it together for me at the last minute...That and I only had the sous chef to work with, and I don't have to tell you what that's like, right?"

6. Didn't feign a message from heaven, then dressed up like Moses (or better yet, Charlton Heston as Moses), and went around telling everyone how wrong they were before breaking out into a softshoe while singing Hello! Ma Baby ala Michigan J. Frog.

"Yea, sinners, I warn thee for the false oracles ye have preached: hear the word of the Lord--

Hello! ma baby / Hello! ma honey / Hello! ma ragtime gal / Send me a kiss by wire / Baby, ma heart's on fire! / If you refuse me / Honey, you'll lose me / Then you'll be left alone / Oh, baby, telephone / And tell me I'm your own!"

For these and other failures in life I am truly sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit