You jackasses in Bethel or at the Branch, need to cut me a check.........

by miseryloveselders 69 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Miz, not trying to beat a dead horse here but BP advise and council is spot on. The best day of my "waking up" was the day i stopped being an elder... Oh i still serve (for now), but its in name only... I get the occassional phone call or have to make the occassional visit but honestly i would do that for a friend, elder or not. The extra crap is done and my kids have reaped the benifits and so have i. I had honestly forgotten what it was like to have a LIFE... i can go fishing! I can walk in the woods! Hell, if i want i can waste time watching a football game :-) if u feel u gotta stay in for a while miz, check out from extra curicular crap. Live your life and enjoy. Youll only regret that we had to beg you to give it a try :-)

• elderelite
    elderelite

Hell... Forgive me both of you, but if i was you miz, and i freely admit im not, but if it was me i would be on the first thing smokin down south to go hang with broken promises for a week... Just sayin...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Best advice I was ever given was.............'Learn To Say No!'

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Dang, JW GoneBad, you just had to bump this huh? I was hoping this thread would just die and disappear in the archives never to reappear until I was a distant memory on this board.

You know being a born in, I can't take emotion out of the equation when I consider whats been done to myself and others. I've been raised to be subservient to a religous publishing company. Remember when Kathy Lee Gifford was in the hot seat for having her name associated with a brand that used sweatshop labor? Remember how she tried to deflect the attention placed on her, onto Michael Jordan and Nike? Remember the outrage about kids in Asia manufacturing clothes for Kmart, and Air Jordan shoes for pennies in appalling conditions? This religion is similar in that babies are born into this religion and raised to be subservient volunteers for a religious publishing company. Where's the outrage?

You know, babies and children aren't entirely ignorant of whats happening to them during their formative years. Babies recognize that if they cry, they'll get attention. Children, much like animals or inmates, recognize that they'll be rewarded for good behavior. So they do whats expected of them, and perform accordingly. Then one day they hit their teenage years, and they're able to comprehend if even only on a limited scale, that something ain't quite right. At the same time, they're fullly aware that as long as they're under their parent's roof, they're going to have to continue to perform. That performance unfortunately includes the act of getting "baptized recognzing this organization as Jehovah's spirit directed organization." As a teenager they've got so much on their mind, their hormones are going haywire, and all they want to do is have fun, keep peaceful relations with their family and friends. So much going on that often enough they're not even aware that "Jehovah's spirit directed organization" isn't even scriptural, never mind Jesus said to get baptized in the name of the FAther, Son, and the Holy Spirit. But those young people are too busy making their parents and congregations proud, not realizing the gravity of the decision they just made.

Then it dawns on them well into adulthood usually around their late twenties or early to mid thirties, that the worst mistake they ever made was in their teenage years when they decided to get baptized. By the time they figured it out, sometimes they're married, and have children, with extended relatives deep within this organization. Sometimes their very livelyhoods depend upon prominent individuals and families in their congregations. Educational prospects that they should have explored during their teenage years, are difficult to persue now because they have other responsibilities. Sometimes those responsibilities include congregational matters that they supposedly reached out for. Volunteered for, or made themselves available for. Enter resentment.

All these years we've been raised, going out in field service, giving talks, going to assemblies, going to book release conventions labeled as District Conventions, the Service Meeting, the Theocratic Ministry School, the Congregation Book Study, the special week of activity during the Circuit Overseer and his wife's visit, the Memorial, numerous special campaigns with tracts and brochers, Family Worship Night, and a million other things. All the stress dealing with preperation and attending all of these endless functions is enough to make you murder. The financial toll it takes on you, especially considering you have a limited income due to a limited education, and they're not reimbursing you for nathan up in Walkhill. Yet, they want you do more, contribute more, encourage and pressure others to do more. It never ends, never stops, and they just keep pushing. I haven't recieved a dime from those jackasses up in Walkhill. They owe me for the child labor that was forced upon me, and the emotional and mental coercion that has held my heart and mind captive for the past two decades of my life. It took 30 something years to figure out that I've been getting the raw end of the deal, and about a year and half to make sure that I wasn't kidding myself. A year and a half of pinching myself to make sure I'm not crazy, or being selfish.

Not to sound like I want to justify complaining, but I do believe we have a right to spazz out every now and then.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, you do have the right to spaz, but what ElderElite said is a better idea:

but if it was me i would be on the first thing smokin down south to go hang with broken promises for a week... Just sayin...

I think she could rock your world a time or two, LOL!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Come on Miz, go down and see BP for a week, will ya.

Think of her pale, alabaster skin, her dark ebony hair, her dark, glittering eyes, her full, pillowy soft lips, her warm, gentle smile... Just picture it in your mind, dude!
    She could rock your world, and after coming home, there would be no way that you'd be able to stomach going back to the KH ever again.

Today's romantic moment brought to you by VampireDCLXV... a sucker for a pretty face (or not)...

V665V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Think of her pale, alabaster skin, her dark ebony hair, her dark, glittering eyes, her full, pillowy soft lips, her warm, gentle smile... Just picture it in your mind, dude!
    She could rock your world, and after coming home, there would be no way that you'd be able to stomach going back to the KH ever again.

Today's romantic moment brought to you by VampireDCLXV... a sucker for a pretty face (or not)...

And here I was thinking that you liked me for my mind and sparkling personality....

(thank you )

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    And here I was thinking that you liked me for my mind and sparkling personality....

Oh, come now, BP... Women like to be appreciated for more than just their brains or personality. We both know that.

V665V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

True dat, Vamp.

I have plenty of male friends (as you'll see on my facebook friends list) but am yet to find a man who likes/wants the whole package. Oh well, one day....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit