What Doctrines or JW Views Did You Not Find Too Believable?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The thought that a loving Creator would violently destroy anyone not belonging to the Jehovah's Witness religion including billions of babies seemed just not right.

The fact that you could recieve some "acceptable" blood components but could not donate those same lifesaving yourself seemed strange. You could recieve a blood fraction but YOU couldn't give it.

Any others you can think of??

• moshe
    moshe

That JWs are the hap-p-piest people on earth.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

That we were living deep deep into the time of the end.

I always thought the world situation could get worse.

• pontoon
    pontoon

The wolf and the lamb will feed as one. Isa.65:25. And other verses like it. Wrong. Must be symbolic. Mr. wolf is always going to feed ON the lamb and lions are not going to eat straw. Keep your kid away from that snake hole too.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Spirit directed organization, spirit directed governing body, spirit directed bodies of elders. What about when there was a doctrinal flip flop? What about when a JC decision was appealed and the new JC actually ruled contrary to the former one?

Not a doctrine, but a saying I always laughed at while everyone thought I was laughing with them: "Reading Awake! for a decade is the equivalent of a college degree."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That the watchtower is the only holder of the truth.

• freeman
    freeman

I had a hard time with many of the doctrines, especially the ones created from passages that were clearly symbolic, but that they insisted were literal. The scientist within me keep fighting it, but the JWs had the one I loved in their clutches and I felt I could not tell it like it was without loosing her.

One of the projects I worked on at NASA was the Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE). A project and satellite which for the first time 100% validated the Big Bang Theory as true and correct, but I could not say anything as they ridiculed the Big Bang at the meetings, as they belittled science fact as if it were science fiction with their sanctimonious and ignorant drivel.

I held it in for 10 years and then I just had to get off the merry-go-round. When I got off the merry-go-round, it was not good, I was not kind or tactful, I had enough and I opened up with both barrels blazing; a big mistake.

We are still together, but things have never been and will never be the same since I told her that I just can’t live the lie anymore.

Freeman

• factfinder
    factfinder

As time went by over the years the idea that I'd live to see armageddon and the new system became much harder to believe.

• cofty
    cofty

Same as Pontoon, I respected the natural world too much to believe it would ever turn into Disney World. Even as an elder I expressed my views about this to friends.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Acts 20:35 (New International Version, ©2011)

35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Min said: "The fact that you could recieve some "acceptable" blood components but could not donate those same lifesaving yourself seemed strange. You could recieve a blood fraction but YOU couldn't give it"

And they have the nerve to claim that they are God's organization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit